New member from Calgary

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry_

Junior
Reaction score
Hello Wine Makers,
I have recently found this neat web forum. So here I am.
I have started in January 2010.
So far I have made:

Winexpert:
Trio Blanca
African Shiraz
Australian Petit Verdo
Italian Brunello (aging in carboy)
Italian Super Tuscan with grape pack (aging in carboy)

Kenridge:
New Zeland Cabernet Sav (secondary fermentation)

Plans:
Good Riesling - any suggestions welcome

What do I do like?
Good wine
Smoking pipes
Good music from LP's
B&W photography (real darkroom stuff)

Jerry

I made the Mosti Mondiale All Juce Riesling and it was one of the best Rieslings Ive ever had. It is dry so if your looking for a sweet Riesling youll have to sweeten back.

welcome jerry! be sure and give us some of those b&w's as u go...love pics and photography, also, mostly wildlife, pets and family, but some of those look awesome in b&w.

Geeze 2 calgarians in 2 days... We're going to overrun these southerners yet :sm

Welcome aboard!

Oi You!!! no overrunning the southerners Andy :p

and Jerry, WELCOME enjoy and have fun!!

Geeze 2 calgarians in 2 days... We're going to overrun these southerners yet :sm

Welcome aboard!

of course ... hehe ... great to see this kind of response ... maybe wine tasting down the road ...
Thanks

I made the Mosti Mondiale All Juce Riesling and it was one of the best Rieslings Ive ever had. It is dry so if your looking for a sweet Riesling youll have to sweeten back.

Thanks I will have a look if it is available in Calgary

There used to be a distributor for MM in Edmonton. Don't know if they are still there. They were known for being high priced (on everything they distributed). Sorry I can't point you to an MM retailer in Calgary.

Personally I'd probably make the Ken Ridge Founders Series Mosel River Valley Riesling. I would make it dry, so would add the Suss Reserve pack to the primary instead of some of the water. I ran an FoP when this kit was first released, and some customers really enjoyed. Unfortunately, I don't recall ever trying it.

I hope that you are on the Wine Warehouse mailing list (http://www.thewinewarehouse.ca/newsletter). The KRFS Riesling was on sale last month for $116 (their regular price is $132).

If that's a little pricy try the Ken Ridge Showcase German Gewurztraminer (sale $96, reg $110). We LOVE this one. Again we make it dry by adding the Suss Reserve to the primary. Many of my customers liked it sweetened with only half the Suss Reserve.

Steve

Latest posts

Back