New member from BC Canada

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allie Geiger

Reaction score
Nice to meet you all.
My husband and I have been enjoying making wine from kit for the past 10 years or so, but we are craving the learning curve of doing it on our own with fruits, etc.
We currently started a test batch (just to see if it would work) with some 100% juice blend Cranberry/cherry/Pomegranate.
Ideally I would like to become skilled enough to take any kind of fruit and turn it into wine.
Anyone have good recipes for an easy banana wine?
Cost is of importance right now as my husband had a career ending injury about a year ago and hasnt worked since, so we are just looking for super inexpensive ways to learn, that will give us the skills we need when we can afford to get better ingredients later (and be skilled enough to not ruin them :p)

Welcome to the forum! Great people and info here. We have added bananas to different wines for extra body but never made it alone. I’m sure Jack Keller has a recipe for banana wine. Roy

Allie, you can type Banana Wine recipe into the search block, upper right of page header on this forum, then click on title & search and a few recipes with comments come up. Good luck. Roy

Allie, you can type Banana Wine recipe into the search block, upper right of page header on this forum, then click on title & search and a few recipes with comments come up. Good luck. Roy
Thanks! I'll see what I can find.

Sorry to hear that. I hope things improve for you and your family.
Thankyou! Things are finally looking up, as he is in the works of becoming employed, but I just pray his knee will be able to handle it. Its very tough going from a very physically active job and skills, to suddenly needing to change your entire skillset for a different career path.
Hobbies like wine-making bring that little bit of calm into our lives. <3

Latest posts

Back