New member from Annapolis, MD

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukeisaac

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been making wine from juices purchased at a local supplier for the past 4 years. In the beginning, with the few skills I learned from making ciders, I was able to produce some decent wines. The past year, in my attempt to produce a better wine, I've been all I can get my hands on. This forum appears to be where most of the people in the know gather. I'm here to learn.
Dukeisaac

Are you getting your juice from Annapolis Homebrew? I love the shop for brew supplies. I got two buckets (Merlot and Barbera) in Spring 2020 but I thought the wines were a little thin. That was the only time I've used juice buckets. The taste was fine just no body or mouthfeel. I tweaked around and we drank everything so I guess it worked out fine.

Yes, the juices are from AHB. This year I got their Amarone, Nebbiolo, Valpolicello, and Chardonnay. Their prices have gone way up since I've started buying from them in 2019 (new mgmt) but they are the only suppliers around me. The wines I've made from their juices have been very popular with my friends. To compensate for the lack of body, this year I've added sugar (chaptalization) to increase the Brix and also added raisins to the Amarone. In keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Welcome to the hobby and the forum! I'm in Maryland as well.

I like Annapolis Homebrew, too, as it is really convenient to me.

@Dukeisaac and @VinesnBines
Label Peelers now ships fresh seeds and fresh skins that you can use to make the fresh red juice batches better:
Skins: Two Finer Wine Kits Grape Skin Packs - Free Shipping
Seeds: Finer Wine Kit Grape Seeds 1 lb.
I had a harvest from my vineyard this year and every time I dumped the press I thought of skin packs and seeds. It seemed a waste to dump the seeds though I think the FWK skin packs and seed packs are unfermented.

Latest posts

Back