WineXpert New Limited Release: Eclipse Nocturnal Wine Making Kit With Grape Skins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rustbucket

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just announced, a new GSM style release coming in July. I like GSM blends and will be anxious to try this one.:HB

"A new Limited Release Eclipse wine is coming this July. Hailing from Languedoc France, Eclipse Nocturnal is a blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre and Cinsault harvested under the moonlit sky to create a captivating palate of plum, black raspberry and wood-smoke."

Just announced, a new GSM style release coming in July. I like GSM blends and will be anxious to try this one.:HB

"A new Limited Release Eclipse wine is coming this July. Hailing from Languedoc France, Eclipse Nocturnal is a blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre and Cinsault harvested under the moonlit sky to create a captivating palate of plum, black raspberry and wood-smoke."

I just pre-ordered a kit.

"Nocturnal is a classic blend with an unusual moonlit twist. The grapes were plucked from the vines in the cool of the night when sugar levels are more stable and acid levels are better. This results in a wine with richer flavor and aromatics. Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Cinsault deliver complex spicy aromas with fruity plum and black raspberry on the palate, balanced with earthy woodsmoke. The full body and lush tannins make the finish just long enough to savor all the nuances in this gorgeous wine."

Last edited by a moderator:
This kit sounds very interesting. I'm on board with the GSM, but hesitant about the cinsault. Anyone have an idea of % cinsault? I recently had a pinotage (pinot noir x cinsault) that was way too smokey for me - almost tasted like scotch.

The Cinsault is listed last on the blend. I, therefore, surmise that it represents a minor addition to the blend; being included for some specific contribution to the wine.

It sounded intriguing to me so I thought I'd give it a try. :h

This kit sounds very interesting. I'm on board with the GSM, but hesitant about the cinsault. Anyone have an idea of % cinsault? I recently had a pinotage (pinot noir x cinsault) that was way too smokey for me - almost tasted like scotch.

It will probably be a rather small percentage of Cinsault playing a supporting role to the Grenache and Syrah (like enhancing aroma)...something to make it special/unique compared to other GSM kits.

Appears as of LP is not doing offering their discount on this one. Free shipping however if you live to far to pick it up.

You will find it less smokey if you don't use all the oak that comes with the kit .

Not too excited about paying $170 for a 16L kit. Going to sit this one out unless a better deal comes along.

I am tempted to pull the trigger on this one...

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and pre-ordered it, myself. I'm a sucker for Grenache/Syrah blends, and I missed out on the last two limited summer offerings from WE.

I'm surprised at their pricing on this kit. The price in the cart on LE and Eclipse kits are usually better.

I know! I thought it might be lower in-cart, but it was reduced $20 for a sale they were having, so maybe that's why it wasn't reduced further, not sure.

The kit was $169 with free corks, labels, free shipping, and they have a rewards thing of some sort (which I don't frankly understand quite yet). With each transaction, you can choose free corks or free t-shirt.

Some stores have a lower in-cart price but add shipping, corks, labels, and then the difference narrows.

I recently found out my LHBS, Annapolis Homebrew, is closing. They plan to open a brewery on Kent Island once their license is approved. So they have a few things in the store but aren't reordering anything.

I'll be doing more shopping at another store, Maryland Homebrew (in Columbia), and online. One of the Maryland Homebrew guys lives in an adjacent neighborhood, so he sometimes brings my online orders over on his way home. Pretty convenient.

Latest posts

Back