WineXpert New Limited Edition Eclipse Kit on the way

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbird1

Reaction score
I see on the Adventures in Homebrewing site a page for a Nocturnal Eclipse kit. Sounds interesting. Never heard of Cinsault before. Here is the description...

A new Limited Release Eclipse wine is coming this July. Hailing from Languedoc France, Eclipse Nocturnal is a blend of Grenache, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Cinsault harvested under the moonlit sky to create a captivating palate of plum, black raspberry, and woodsmoke. Stay tuned for more details to come!

Cinsault has an interesting, but almost gamey flavor. It is an acquired taste, IMHO. It is one of the parents (along with Pinot Noir) of the Pinotage grape, and Pinotage has inherited a large measure of that gaminess. I point this out because Pinotage wines (nearly exclusively from South Africa) are more easily available than blends with a lot of Cinsault.

Last edited:
Kinda interested in this one. Though I have to admit: kits I've purchased because 'that's not a blend I can make at home' have been mostly disappointing. Not necessarily bad, but not living up to my (possibly overinflated) expectations.

Latest posts

Back