New Life for Wine Glass

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugger

Reaction score
Some time ago I broke the stem on one of my Riedel glasses and being of frugal Scot anscestory I kept the pieces and tried to think of a way to connect the stem pieces. I was recently throwing out a used nomacorc (synthetic) and some synapsis fired and I thought, why not? So I cut out the ends of the cork to fit, roughened the glass, mixed in some JB Weld, stuck the stem ends in and voila, a new life for the glass. It feels very sturdy but we'll see how long it lasts! It will stay in my wine room.

image.jpg

I was thinking how cool it must be to have a granite ceiling. But why did you glue your wine bottle and glasses to the ceiling. Weird.

Okay, I think I get it now! The picture you are seeing must be inverted, which is pretty strange, since it shows up on my ipad as properly oriented. Yup, just checked on the desktop and it is inverted. I usually pick up on these inverted pictures from the ipad but the new ios update must have a self correction thing when it loads back on.
Weird is right, tony!!

Come on Doug, be honest. It's not the Ipad, it's operator error. Now turn the Ipad right side up. LOL

You're right of course, Dan, it is operator error! But the ipad is so smart in everything else, correcting my spelling, dinging and ringing and burping to notify me something is happening - and it has a smart cover to boot - you'd think the damn thing would be smart enough to know up from down when I take a picture!!

I saw this first on my iPad. It looked fine. Now I'm on my mac. I think it is way cooler upside down! #BestOfBothWorlds

Latest posts

Back