New jersey winemakers talk

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I bought marbles to place in the carboy to eliminate the headspace. Worked well. The problem was when I racked the following time. I topped off with some pyment I had made using the left over grapeskins. That pyment, rather surprisingly, came out pretty well.

I'm still here in January I received my silver's from Corrados. Tough contest

I'm still here in January I received my silver's from Corrados. Tough contest
Congratulations on your silver medal. We gave up going into that contest. Just keeping all our wine for home consumption after getting a good review at the Cornell University Wine course. Family and very picky daughter like it too. That is what counts in our house.

Later this week I will be transferring wine from glass carboys to small oak barrels after removing the wine that spent half a year in the barrels and bottling it. I throughly rinse out the barrels with a strong water stream almost as strong as a power washer. Then soak it over night with clean water inside and out. Then fill them back up with wine until after then next batch finishes fermentation. I repeat until the barrels loose their oomph. It helps the mouth feel and flavor of the red wine, giving it complexity.

Did Partenopi's wine ever clear up? The marbles were a good idea if he cleaned them really well first. (Sterilized clean)

Never noticed this thread before. Just skimmed through the whole thing. Looks like a lot of Carrados people here. Too north for me but would like to swing by next time I’m up NYC way. I’ve been in nj goin on 4 yrs now. Have always used Procacci bros in philly for fall grapes. And about to do spring grapes for the 2nd year from Gino Pintos.

Did anyone go to the Corrados event itself?

I usually go every couple of years. It is a good time, but when getting a table together and finding 9 other folks wanting to pay, is a bit of a hassle. I did go last year, but skipped it this year.

But actually really thinking hard about also using Gino pintos for the fall as well. Or maybe even hooking up with other local winemakers for a bulk deal on higher end stuff.
I have been using them for years. Michael is doing a great job, very customer oriented.

AJ said I should post here....don't think I have anything worth entering, but if anybody was going, I might wanna meet up...

Attachments

• 2018-wine-contest-entry-form-updated.pdf
    175.1 KB · Views: 5
Submitting some Entries And the actual event are two very different things!
At $125 a head it’s not a cheap night—but does sounds like great night. Have only heard good things. Plus I actually used corrados grapes this year for the 1st time. So far so good with it.
But $15 per entry and only (x1) 750mL bottle is pretty reasonable.

Guy's give getting together sometime serious though , it could be a good thing ,there a good many of is here, to share ideas and some good wine with each other. Think about it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back