New jersey winemakers talk

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read through this thread and saw some mixed reviews on Corrados. I’m in Morris county so Corrados and europa pombalense are about the same distance from me.
I'm in NW Bergen county so Corrado's, at only 20 minutes driving, is the easy choice for me. I have made wine from their grapes the past two years after being a beer brewer for about 10 years before that.

2021 was Teroldego and Malbec; 2022 was Zin, Barbera, Merlot, and Sauv Blanc.

In 2022 they had really bounced back from the pandemic doldrums and were renovating parts of their huge complex (it's WAY more than wine... they have a massive grocery business). One of the owners told me that in 2021 they had a big inventory screw-up and it resulted in slim pickings, especially with equipment. In contrast, 2022 was packed with grapes and products. It's an exciting time!

My 2021 wines have aged well and I just bottled 2022. The Zinfandel in particular is already tasting better and I'm excited for it to age a few months more. I don't have experience with Pombalense so I can't compare, but Corrado's has worked out fine for me and again, they are super convenient to me which does matter.

My complaint about these places is that they have a lame internet presence, and don't do a good job announcing what grapes they have in stock, and when they've arrived. You can call of course, but I'd rather have it posted somewhere. I'm pretty laid back and still in my early years of winemaking, so I don't mind improvising when I get there, but that might irk some folks who have more of a vision for exactly what they want to make.

Back