New Jersey Wine Competition

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You got that right Richard!!

Remember, he who dies with the most toys is nonetheless, DEAD!!!

Just dropped off 10 entries. 1 bottle per entry, and only $10 per entry. No shipping charges (since I dropped them off myself. Very reasonable!

2009 Cab Franc
2008 Pinot Noir
2008 Sangiovese
2008 Petit Sarah
2008 Chardonnay
2007 merlot
2007 cab franc
2007 napa merlot
2007 sangiovese
2009 touriga port

Got to meet the Polaks. Very nice couple.

johnT.

John where in NJ are you?
Good wines U submitted Kits?

I'm bringing mine tomorrow. This is what I'm entering:

2009 German Muller Thurgau
2009 Viognier, Riesling, Chardonnay
2008 Vidal, Chenin Blanc, Muscat, Gerwurztraminer
2008 Riesling, Gerwurztraminer, Muscat
2008 Cabernet Sauvignon
2008 Merlot (New Zealand)
2009 Old Vines Mencia
2008 Peach Chardonnay
2008 Orange Chocolate Port
2009 Cabernet Franc Ice Wine
2008 White Cranberry Pinot Gris
2006 White Merlot

Woo Hoo

Wine-o,

I hope we both do well.

Who are you delivering to? The Beckers?

Also, are you planning to attend the event at Unionville Winery on the 21st?

johnT.

Last edited:
John,
I brought my wine to Dan Kline today at his business. I was going to take it to the Beckers but Dan was closer from where I was.

As far as going to the Winery it all depends how busy we are at work. I'd like to come with my wife but one of us needs to be at the nursery until 5 :m
Maybe I'll come by myself.

I passed through Chester this afternoon, 2 of my favorite places there are The Publick House and Redwoods, mmm.

Best of luck to you as well, I hope there's plenty of gold medals for us both!!

Dave

Wine-o

I am sure that there are plenty of golds to be had. Just hope a few of them end up around my neck.

Yup, Public House and Redwoods are great, but there is an Italian joint named Benito's. This is just off of main street and is a BYOB place. This works out great since finding a bottle of wine (for me) is no problem. I even get the waiters to sample it. Since it is a BYOB, the food is rather upscale.

If you make it to the competition, let me know. Perhaps we can meet up and swap "war stories".

johnT.

John,
Thanks for the info on Benito's,we'll have to check it out.

I'll let you know by the end of the week if I can make it to the winery. If not have yourself a blast and best of luck (doubt you will need it though!).

Dave

John,
It looks like I will be able to make it to the vineyard on Saturday. See you then.
Dave

Vineland bbq and wine competition

My club have been in this competition for the last few years. Usually we take about 60% of the medals.

Saturday, September 25, 2010
BBQ-n-Chili-n-Cheese Steak Cook Off
4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
(Rain Date: September 26, 2010)
http://www.mainstreetvineland.org/Calendar%20of%20Events.htm

Now they do not have the entry forms out yet. When they do I will post. Now the catch.. you must hand deliver I believe. Usually they want one bottle.

Tom,

Sounds impressive. Are you going to be at the event? Do you make most of the wine with grapes or from kits?

Wine-o,

Look forward to meeting you. My plan is to get there around 1pm and picnic.
see you there.

John,
I have no idea what the medals look like, and from what I read they are going to mail us the medals with the judges notes after the event. Maybe they don't order the medals until they know how many they need!

I also saw that they had 83 wines entered. I have 12 and you have 10 so 1/4of the entries are ours!!

I am planning to be there around 2:30 for the tour. It will be interesting to see what kind of turnout they get.

Dave

Tom,

Sounds impressive. Are you going to be at the event? Do you make most of the wine with grapes or from kits?

Wine-o,

Look forward to meeting you. My plan is to get there around 1pm and picnic.
see you there.

I and or other members of my wine club I'm sure will be there. Ck back when closer and maybe we can hook up.
Alot of us do wine from pure juice and some (modified), fruit and combos of almost everything. Only a few do kits. When they do its a LE of some type.

John,
I have no idea what the medals look like, and from what I read they are going to mail us the medals with the judges notes after the event. Maybe they don't order the medals until they know how many they need!

I also saw that they had 83 wines entered. I have 12 and you have 10 so 1/4of the entries are ours!!

I am planning to be there around 2:30 for the tour. It will be interesting to see what kind of turnout they get.

Dave

I am surprised it is so small. I went to Corrado's Competition this year and MAN! what a crowd. They need to advertise more.

johnT.

Latest posts

Back