New Homestead Wines...construction of the winery :D

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks incredible. really digging the rooms vibe.
and watched some of that old trim video. love the bloopers at the end lol.

PS. if still contemplating on a backsplash— i say DO IT!

LOL.. thanks... now any time I say... "OK.. so...." when talking to the wife she starts laughing.... :p
I have some of the flooring left I could maybe use for backsplash ... hmmm.. got me thinking now... :D

Last edited:
Well, I finally have the winery all done and have the first wine from New Homestead Wines in the carboy. Sure it's a kit wine but I needed something easy to get back in the saddle...In fact that may just be the name of the wine... "Back In the Saddle" Shiraz :D

Very nice

LOL.. thanks... now any time I say... "OK.. so...." when talking to the wife she starts laughing.... :p
I have some of the flooring left I could maybe use for backsplash ... hmmm.. got me thinking now... :D
don’t get me wrong, it looks great. But I look at it like this—— the main tasting area is knocked out. looks gorgeous. And the kitchen/sink area looks great too (nice faucet👌)— but an interesting wood backsplash (or really any splash) would really tie the whole room together. the feel of the room would flow up from the floor thru the counter into the splash. would go from nice yet plain to just an extension of the rest of the joints vibe.

It's so interesting to see what all you have done to build your house! So much of it correlates with what we are doing now. We are downsizing also, only we started with an old, old house and are remodeling. My husband was a mechanical engineer and worked his way up through machining and injection molding. He's retired now, but we also do all the work ourselves. He doesn't trust anyone to do it the way "he" likes it done. I am there to help all I can with the exception of the heavy lifting. There's just a nice satisfaction to knowing what you have is the results of your own hands. Your wine rooms are fantastic!

I love the rural setting. Not being nosy, but in what area of the country do you live?

It's so interesting to see what all you have done to build your house! So much of it correlates with what we are doing now. We are downsizing also, only we started with an old, old house and are remodeling. My husband was a mechanical engineer and worked his way up through machining and injection molding. He's retired now, but we also do all the work ourselves. He doesn't trust anyone to do it the way "he" likes it done. I am there to help all I can with the exception of the heavy lifting. There's just a nice satisfaction to knowing what you have is the results of your own hands. Your wine rooms are fantastic!

I love the rural setting. Not being nosy, but in what area of the country do you live?
We are up in Michigan, about 8 miles East of Muskegon near a little town called Ravenna. :D The locals say it Ruh-van'-uh, don't ask me why when it's spelled Ruh-ven'-uh I guess that's how they can tell the people that grew up here, from the transplants.. :p

Well, I finally have the winery all done and have the first wine from New Homestead Wines in the carboy. Sure it's a kit wine but I needed something easy to get back in the saddle...In fact that may just be the name of the wine... "Back In the Saddle" Shiraz :D

excellent job. won't be long though before you need more wine racks - LOL

So it's been about 2 years since I posted. Been busy with the new home construction (posted here), then construction of the pole barn last summer. This winter I started to focus on finishing the lower level, and more importantly the winery! :D I took the SE room of the lower level and split it two.
26698688382_867591e04d_z.jpg

One side will be my 'kitchen' to make the wine, the other side will be my tasting room. That's the room that I started with :D I can 'make' wine in a closet if I have to :D , but if helps if you have a nice place to really enjoy it!

Here's what I started with
40577242112_bcbc639de2_k.jpg

Split the room in two and added some more lighting...

I decided to go with a pallet wood wall on the dividing wall and one other small wall. I won't bore you with all the in-process pics, but I started in January and pretty much have the tasting room done with the exception of the barn style door that will separate two rooms. Here's where I am as of March 4th :D

Found a place on line where I can get a wall decal made, so eventually I will have a logo up on the wall that should look like this :D

now that's a room with character,,,
Dawg

I didn't realize i never put the video of the almost complete winery up.

Here's what it looks like today,

Attachments

• 20210413_194443.jpg
    20210413_194443.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
  • 20210413_194816.jpg
    20210413_194816.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210413_194745.jpg
    20210413_194745.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210413_194849.jpg
    20210413_194849.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Silly me I guess I DID post the video... guess I should look back through the thread before I post stuff.... DOH! 🤪

Latest posts

Back