New here please help

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruddwine

Junior
Reaction score
I have just began making my own wine i was given all the equipment and went to bu a kit of ingredients. i followed the instructions but now the wine is bottled it seems ver see through or clear, (its a red merlot) also it taste watery?
i have a feeling i didnt put enough sugar in would that make a difference? and how can i retefy this i onl bottled half and half is still in the fermentation tank

thanks

Steve is the kit-wine expert around here, but from what
I can read in your post it might be watered down too much.

More info would be appreciated before an answer could be given.
Like which kind of kit, how much water was added etc.

Luc

it was a 5 gallon red merlot kit made by youngs. i adde the 5 gallons of water as instructed but think i ony added 2 kg rather than 5 kg of sugar? thanks

it was a 5 gallon red merlot kit made by youngs. i adde the 5 gallons of water as instructed but think i ony added 2 kg rather than 5 kg of sugar? thanks

Are you in the UK? This sounds like the name of a UK product. If so, go to http://www.winesathome.co.uk/forum/index.php

In Canada, wine kits have not needed sugar to be added for a LONG time (like well over 10 years). Sorry I can't really help with this question.

However, adding less sugar than called for would reduce the alcohol level, but shouldn't affect the colour.

Steve

Latest posts

Back