New here MD!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabjoe

Reaction score
So my buddy makes beer and after watching him a couple times, I ordered a bunch of equipment for beer.. Being that it's being shipped in from California with free ground shipping, I started just browsing the brewing sites and reading. Reading got me interested in making wine... which looked easier because there's not boiling... This got me ordering a wine starter kit thinking I was going to make 6 gallon of wine with a kit... (Beer equipment was for 5 gallons)... Then reading up on wine making, I got interested in making 1 gallon test batches.. so I ended up ordering more crap.. So now I'm here reading to learn while I wait for my beer and wine making equipment...

Wish me luck!

My wife grew up across the border in PA and used to travel south across the border when she (and friends) turned 18. Seems you had to be 21 at that time to consume adult beverages. So we return to the area often (and to Havre de Grace). North East also for Woody's, some of the best seafood around.

Welcome! I was born in Middle River/Baltimore Co. and lived there until I was 14. We had some cousins living in Havre de Grace in the 60s and 70s. I spent many Sunday afternoons visiting them.
I make both beer and wine. Both are fun hobbies and most equipment can interchanged. With beer keep it as clean as you can and watch temperature fluctuations (same with wine but wine is higher alcohol so a little more forgiving with bacteria and infection). Good luck!!

Latest posts

Back