New here from MI

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tophe

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum. Found out about it from Homebrewtalk.com. I mostly brew beer but have made one batch of wine and just bottled it. Plan to do some more in the future....especially since I bought a nice floor corker.

I had a question about how I didnt sanitize my corks though...posted in the corking section on someone elses thread.

Welcome to the forums. Don't stress over the corks. You should be fine. I posted to you other post as well.

Tophe:

Like smurfe said don't stress outover the corks. Probably going to drink your first batchpretty quick anyway. In future, I recommend rinsing quickly in sanitizer. DO NOT SOAK OR BOIL.

Steve

Welcome Tophe! Where in MI are you from. I live in Zeeland and work in Holland! YOO HOO! Tulip Time is great. OY! I have to get a life.

Hey there ttalsma,

I am in Holland too, the country with the nastiest grapes you have ever seen
(Rembrand and Glorie van Boskoop)

There was a test panel on TV which tested Dutch wines from professional
wineries and they all agreed: Dutch wines are vinager or even worse ;)
So much for professional Dutch wineries.

But on the other side: we Dutch home fruit winemakers will beat any
other winemaker in the world :D

Luc

Luc,

As you can probably tell, I'm Dutch by ancestry! We're in the middle of Tulip Time in the Holland, MI area right now. Saw the Klompen dancers and ate a little junk food tonight.

Most of the bergs in our area is named after areas there. Holland, Zeeland, Zutphen, Oakland, Vriesland, etc.

I've made some fruit wines, but the most common fruit wine around here is cherry!

Todd

Latest posts

Back