New Guy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1948man

Junior
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I'm very new to winemaking and will probably ease into things. I have already enjoyed reading here prior to becoming a member and see a wealth of hive knowledge here. For a while, I will mostly lurk and read and not ask too many dumb questions. After I figure things out a little bit, I wiil begin to ask dumb questions. Carry on.

Hi 1948man,
Welcome to WineMakingTalk. Do you know what you plan on making yet?

Welcome to WMT!

"Carry on." Gotta be Navy or Marines.

Welcome, and of course there are no dumb questions, just unexplored knowledge. We all wouldn't be here if we didn't want to dispense free advice and share our addiction to winemaking. So, jump in!

Hi 1948man,
Welcome to WineMakingTalk. Do you know what you plan on making yet?

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. Julie, I will probably make mostly muscadine wine from those I planted years ago on my property. I recently read a paper put out by the University of Florida touting the health benefits and since by parents both lived into their 90's and made muscadine wine I figure it's worth a try.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/fs085
Right now I have a gallon of what I consider "Wine for Dummies" fermenting on my kitchen counter. It's made with a quickie approach from Welch's grape juice and I know its more of an experiment than really serious wine. I will buy the right equipment after I figure out just what scale I want to pursue.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, but I want to warn you that stupid questions are my domain.. LOL
Welcome..

Howdy folks. Been making wine for quite a number of years now. Made the move to my "ranchette" about 11 years ago, and the first thing I did was plant a row of vines. Have been enlarging it a little each year, by rooting cuttings, and now have 4 varitys of grapes. It's getting to be a lot of work for an old guy, but work keeps me going! :h. I stumbled onto this site the other day, and thought I'd join it. Only thing I wish there was a location given by the post counter, so You could tell what part of the world posters live in....hint, hint! Hope to see more of you fine folks!

Back