New guy from Southern Ohio

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeb_1369

Junior
Reaction score
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I'm new to grape growing, as well as wine making. I grew up watching my great-grandfather raise tobacco, and later on working in plenty of hay, beans, and corn. But, I've spent the last 25+ years "seeing the world" and finally made it back home. I'm hoping to start with a couple hundred vines and expand to about an acre of my yard. I have a distant cousin who runs a vineyard/winery, and after visiting him, my boys seemed very interested. The hope is that I can work to get something established that they'll enjoy as well. I've had the notion for a couple years now but, finally got the wife onboard. I'm more interested in vinifera than hybrids but being in hardiness zone 6b I'm not sure of the success I'll have. Luckily with this latest cold spell, we're only skirting 0, shouldn't dip below. I guess I'll ultimately decide when the soil tests come back.

Welcome Joeb! Wish I had a couple acres to put into growing grapes.
Growing things is my second favorite hobby, next to wine making lol.

Latest posts

Back