Other New FWKs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm considering two Sonoma for no particular reason Looks like they are on pre-order right now though, I'm wondering when they expect to be delivering them.

I'm considering two Sonoma for no particular reason Looks like they are on pre-order right now though, I'm wondering when they expect to be delivering them.
It mentions the end of September.

The Sonoma sounds good. Has any one tried a blend like that.

How does a super Tuscan and a baby super Tuscan differ?
Below are the notes.
Baby Super - Syrah Merlot blend
Super - Syrah and Grenache - Sangiovese not available

Baby Super Tuscan Style Forte Finer Wine Kits are made from top quality California grapes. This Syrah dominant Merlot blend is another innovation from the Super Tuscan Revolution in Tuscany in the 1970’s. Syrah’s dark fruit, peppery and floral notes are rounded out by Merlot’s floral and earthy qualities. The kit produces a stellar medium to big bodied red wine that will keep your friends asking for more.

Super Tuscan Forte Finer Wine Kits are made from top quality California grapes. Though the classic blend is Sangiovese, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot, Sangiovese is not available in the 2021 harvest. However, we have been able to make a convincing substitution of Syrah and Grenache that preserves the character of the Super Tuscan as a medium body fruity yet earthy wine with a cherry bouquet that will keep your friends asking for more. Enjoy the hints of cherry and plum, a smooth mouthfeel, a dry finish and marvel at that signature ruby red color typical of this blend.

I am a Rhône ranger and was excited when FW began offering Rhône style wines. I started the Southern blend a couple of days ago. When I ordered the kit, I failed to notice that it was a Forte kit. Imagine my surprise when I checked SG and found it to be 1.106! I wish they'd offer the Rhône blends in the Tavola series. I do like big wines but don't care so much for high alcohol content.

Latest posts

Back