Finer Wine Kit New Fruttas!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I decided I couldn't wait for a sale and I bought Mon Cheri, ($134 with shipping). I want this ready for summer and I will be away for a few weeks at the end of May and June. It will arrive Tuesday or Wednesday. My Black Currant Frutta is still fermenting and slightly below 1.000 2 days ago. It is longer than 2 weeks as the instruction says but only because I added more sugar to bump SG. I expected the fermentation to be over in a few days. Very nice smell through the bubbling airlock. Per other reviews I expect the same with Cherry. Time to buy another carboy!
How'd the Mon Cheri turn out?

Fantastic flavor, mouthful, dark color, very cherry taste. I decided to go with only one pack of conditioner so far. Close to bottling time I will decide if more sweetening is necessary. When I started the fermentation I bumped up OG to 1.110 and at the end the fermentation stopped at 1.002. It was April 21. I followed the instruction by degassing etc, etc. and now after 2,5 months, the wine (still in carboy) is still releasing CO2. Not a lot but I can see tiny bubbles traveling up to the neck. So I'm not doing anything until it finally stops. I'm not sure why it's happening but that's ok. I have several other batches to take care of.

Fantastic flavor, mouthful, dark color, very cherry taste. I decided to go with only one pack of conditioner so far. Close to bottling time I will decide if more sweetening is necessary. When I started the fermentation I bumped up OG to 1.110 and at the end the fermentation stopped at 1.002. It was April 21. I followed the instruction by degassing etc, etc. and now after 2,5 months, the wine (still in carboy) is still releasing CO2. Not a lot but I can see tiny bubbles traveling up to the neck. So I'm not doing anything until it finally stops. I'm not sure why it's happening but that's ok. I have several other batches to take care of.
What's the SG after adding just 1 conditioner pak?

Fantastic flavor, mouthful, dark color, very cherry taste. I decided to go with only one pack of conditioner so far. Close to bottling time I will decide if more sweetening is necessary.
Pay attention to the acidity. If the Cherry is like the Blackberry and Strawberry, it's acidic, and the extra sugar balances the acid.

Any other Mon Cheri makers out there care to share their feedback?

Looking to possibly make this as my Holidays vino.

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back