Finer Wine Kit New Fruttas!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cherry came in today, I'll have to break out my 'emergency' fermenter. I am now at the point where I am in dire straits, as far as carboys are concerned. I'll probably end up having to use a couple of my kegs for bulk storage.

Hey .. lets keep this going. Any updates on the Peach, Black Currant or Cherry would be appreciated. I'll be looking to buy another FWK soon enough and any information you guys give is useful. 👍

Last edited:
...I am now at the point where I am in dire straits, as far as carboys are concerned. I'll probably end up having to use a couple of my kegs for bulk storage.
I hit that point last winter. Once I had a system to get my wine from the carboy into the kegs together (which was not difficult), I never went back. Now all my wines spend the last 6 months or so in a keg immediately before being bottled.
Not totally without downsides but if one already has kegs and the associated equipment there are a lot of upsides to it.

Mixed up the cherry today. I'd had it in my 42* fridge for a couple of days and it was like trying to get maple syrup out of the tree in the winter. Really has a heavy, excellent nose and taste of cherries. I'm expecting good thing from this. Why if it wasn't immoral/illegal I'd be tempted to distill and age a batch. :i Should make an excellent kirsch eau de vie

What's in the conditioner paks?
Sugar syrup and enough sorbate to keep it from fermenting.

I added both to each wine, and suspect a lot of folks might add a bit more. Both wines are acidic, so that amount of sugar provides a good balance.

Back