New from VA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyhueh

Junior
Reaction score
Im new to the site and to wine making. I currently reside in Virginia but am hoping to move back WA and start growing my own grapes. I got into the idea of growing my own grapes cause I like gardening and have learned quite well how to do it in a small urban space.
The challenge of growing a good wine grape appeals to me, and so does learning how to make wine. So ill be searching the site and making a few kits over the next year to see how well I can manage before I throw some plants in the ground.

Welcome.

If I might suggest, why not go straight into making wine from fresh grapes. If you are certain that you plan on growing your own grapes, you can begin by learning the full process. All you will learn from kits is how to ferment and age wine.

Welcome to the community. There are several very knowledgable grape growers on here. Check out the Map and see if anyone lives where you are thinking of moving to.

Welcome! What part of VA are you from? I'm in Prince William County.

Welcome to the forum!

Had I started this hobby 40 years or so ago I might have considered growing grapes but not now. Hmm, my wife does the gardening and she does have a strawberry patch... maybe a strawberry wine is in my future?
smilie.gif

Im new to the site and to wine making. I currently reside in Virginia but am hoping to move back WA and start growing my own grapes. I got into the idea of growing my own grapes cause I like gardening and have learned quite well how to do it in a small urban space.
The challenge of growing a good wine grape appeals to me, and so does learning how to make wine. So ill be searching the site and making a few kits over the next year to see how well I can manage before I throw some plants in the ground.

WELCOME! Might I suggest you read everything you can about growing and harvesting your own grapes from trellising to pest and decease control not to mention harvesting and pruning, it's a lot of work but very satisfying to make wine from your own grapes!

Latest posts

Back