New From Pennsylvania

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

wineon4

Reaction score
Hello,

I live in Pa and enjoy amature wine making, Hunting, and hanging out at my cabin. I recently won 2 Silver Medals, 1 for my Blueberry and 1 for my mixedberry judged by 3 American Wine Society judges. I currently have a carboy of Cherry, 1 of Blackberry and 1 of Reisling going. Just bottled 1 o Blueberry, 1 of mixedberry and 2 of Concord. One of the Concords I put oak chips in the primary then also in the secondary for 1 month, I really like the results.

Terry0220

Reaction score
Welcome! Where at in PA? I am on the Western side,,,This is a great site to join,, a lot of information and help is always just a click away!

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to WMT. Nice to see you're entering contest. It's a great way to meet local winemakers in your area and also to get some feedback on your wine. Was this competition in Pgh?

grapeman

Administrator
WMT Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Oh great, another PA'er. Just what we need! LOL

Welcome aboard.

Julie

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi wineon4,

Welcome to winemakingtalk.

Rocky

Chronologically Gifted Member
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Wineon4, welcome to the forum. Is the Horseshoe Curve still in operation? I remember going there as a kid when I lived in Pittsburgh.

wineon4

Reaction score
Wineon4, welcome to the forum. Is the Horseshoe Curve still in operation? I remember going there as a kid when I lived in Pittsburgh.
Yes it is open, they renovated the site several years ago and now it is a nice attraction. I live 12 miles from it.

DirtyDawg10

Reaction score
Great now we need more CTers to make up for another PAer :D

Welcome to WMT!

FRANKC

Junior
Reaction score
From Jessup, PA, near Scranton. LOTS of winemakers here! The area is heavily Italian-American, so it's in our blood - literally!

wineon4

Reaction score
Hi Frank, Altoona area German,Irish roots here also winemakers and kraut fermenters.