WineXpert New Forza Kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Nice..from funky, odd taste to almost great after a year gives hope for a good result at the end. Did you do some EM?
Yes I believe I did a 8-9 week EM on this one. I was worried about this one for a bunch of reasons when very young: weird color, funky aroma, objectionable taste. At one year, when I bottled, it was still pretty funky. My first glimmer of hope was at ~1.5 years old. This one has really demonstrated for me the importance of patience.

I just read through this thread again to refresh myself on what was said. @jgmann67 how did the move go? Did you get all your wine moved safely? And what did you decide to do with the Forza, keep the EM going, or rack?

I just read through this thread again to refresh myself on what was said. @jgmann67 how did the move go? Did you get all your wine moved safely? And what did you decide to do with the Forza, keep the EM going, or rack?

The move went really well. All the wine is tucked in nicely. I did a 5 week EM on the Forza and am happy I did. It was the first wine I racked in the new wine room. Got a few carboys to bottle.

Somehow I drank a lot of my stores. Need to replenish.

Four months later (or six months in the carboy) and I decided it was time to bottle the Forza. It gets Mrs Mann’s seal of approval.

We had an accident in the winery yesterday though. I bottled this wine in burgundy bottles. And, I went to check the corks for any weeping when I noticed one of the bottles on the bottom row of the rack was pointing down. I thought, “hmmm, that’s dangerous... especially with no labels.” The wines might slide off the rack, I thought.

So, I attempted to “fix” the situation by bringing that one bottle up to level. Well, that caused a cascade of bottles to slide off the rack and on to the floor. Four bottles were lost. Down to 24- 750ml bottles, and 6- 375ml bottles. I was in a foul mood the rest of the day.

The wines are capsuled and labeled, resting comfortably on one of the lower shelves on my rack.

Sorry to hear that. This has become a worry for me!

It’s the unlabeled burgundy bottle stacked on the Seville metal rack. Just a nightmare. I suppose I could avoid the situation and just put those style bottles in the wooden rack; and use the metal rack for Bordeaux style bottles. But now that they’re labeled, I place the bottles with labels up and they don’t slip.

Latest posts

Back