New Forum Category?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_rayway

Always busy
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if there was any interest in starting a new forum category called "Port Style Wines". It seems like many people out there make them and there are a ton of threads on recipes and tweaking.

I think it would be a great place to share the many and varied recipes and discussions :)

:a1

Yes it could be a sub topic under special interest wine, port wine. Save some time searching around for info. More work for the tech people to create it but helpfull to us. JM2C

Interesting thought. While I generally consider Port to be wine in the more traditional sense, a lot of people (including myself) make ports from fresh fruit other than grapes. I've posted in this forum for my blueberry port, but my comments on kit ports (or port "style") are in the kit section. Hmmm...

Like Dan's says, it sounds like a good idea. I took this to the admin and mods to review, I'm sure by tomorrow we will have an answer and I am sure this will be a go.

Yeah, let's do it. No secret port is my favorite wine. I type this as I am sitting here sipping on some Grahams Six Grapes.

Yes !
I always like making a port ! There are alot of different ways that we all make our own port styles . It would be interesting to see all the different recipes we can come up with

Thanks Rayway, I hadn't considered trying a port until reading thru here for a bit. I have a gallon of pear that I've been throwing odds and ends of brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon etc. into that might work for this.
Should be fun to poke around in here and share questions.
Good Job,
Mike

Latest posts

Back