New Corks Arrived!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runningwolf

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This picture is the front and back side of my new corks. Pretty excited on how they came out! Order was for 1000 corks and hopefully that will take me into Spring. Sorry about the size of the picture as it would not reduce down for me for some reason.

wolfcork.jpg

Looks good. Now save them after opening and make a cork table or hang on your wall in a frame.

Thanks Tom, I haven't really gotten into saving corks but I have done so for other people. The cost of these go down dramatically from here on. I wanted to pass one out to each person at my party Saturday but they came in a day late. Oh well we'll be having another one in October.

Wowzers! i want to do that. i guess i need to work on my wine making skills first, though, huh?
Did i miss the post? Where did you get these made? i figure the initial cost was for the "die"?

They look great! Great job!

Where did you get these done? I want to have some custom ones done for myself, but can't seem to find anywhere.

I purchased these from Lafitte Cork and Capsule. The prices are very reasonable as these were $.12 each and there are others for more and less, but these are the recommended ones and their biggest seller. The one time die cost is $100.00 and min. quanity of 1000ct. each time.

Wow Dan,

Those look great!!!!! I think they would look better in your avatar instead of YOUR CHIILDHOOD PICTURE! :tz :)

they look great Dan!

are they printed or firebranded? other method?

they look great Dan!

are they printed or firebranded? other method?

Forgive me Father, all I know is they had to make a die. My guess is firebranded. What do you think.

I had a wine maker here Saturday that had some silk screen printed. I can't even imagine the cost of that/

no need for forgiveness?

its a compliment...mine are also firebranded...and the die cost me about 350...so you got a great deal on that

i meant to add.....i happenned to notice today that the clear bag that my corks come in make note that the corks have been treated w sulfites

Last edited:
I know when i open a bag of corks from george there is a strong presense of S02 which helps ensure me they have beentreated with care.

Back