new bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outdoorsmadness

A Wino and proud of it
Reaction score
I joined a freecycle group and placed a wanted add for wine bottles and i got to pick up 67 bottles today:h im getting ready to bottle my blackberry wine, i have already added campden and sorbate a few weeks ago and have backsweetend, wine is very clear. My question is do i need to add more campden when i bottle.

Right on OUT, thats the way to do it!

I got a bunch from some friends who had a wine tasting, thats another way!!!

Go buy those and were talking about what, a buck a piece? Nothing like the recycling price!!!!!

Good score! I will refrain from answering about adding more sorbate, you should be fine, just do as was suggested in here, take a reading at least once a day, everyday, to be sure it will not referment.

Then cork away. if you don't own a corker, your local brew shop may very well loan or rent you one for cheap.

From what I have gathered, clean the bottles in your bathtub. (some of you are lucky and have indoor plumbing) use oxy clean, non-chlorinated, this will help clean them and remove the old labels. You still want to be sure to sterilize the bottles before putting the wine in.

Other than that you are on to the next step!!!!:D

What do you have in mind for the next batch?

Troy

If just a few weeks ago then no you should be alright but if you plan on keeping this batch in your wine cave for a year or more then a small addition would be beneficial.

Back