New-Bee A Buzzin'

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeeMad

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! As my title suggests (and my username), I have a thing for bees. I have a couple of hives and am very interested in learning how to make mead with the extra honey. Most years I also end up with an excess of blueberries and persimmons, with which I'd love to learn how to turn into wine. I'm looking forward to spending some time browsing all the threads and picking people's brains. Thanks for including me in your community!

Jon

Sounds like fun, the bees. You should post about your adventures with them.
Mead and wine are fun to make and good to drink.
Welcome

Thanks, AKTom! I've been wanting to learn for a while but I have my fingers in a lot of pies and it always seems to get pushed back, but I'm making a commitment to it now.
I'm in my tenth year of beekeeping. Don't start because you'll get hooked, and then you'll start making usernames and thread titles with bees in them. Besides making stuff with honey, I use the wax to make candles, pomades, and lotions.

Thanks, AKTom! I've been wanting to learn for a while but I have my fingers in a lot of pies and it always seems to get pushed back, but I'm making a commitment to it now.
I'm in my tenth year of beekeeping. Don't start because you'll get hooked, and then you'll start making usernames and thread titles with bees in them. Besides making stuff with honey, I use the wax to make candles, pomades, and lotions.
Welcome.
Wine making will hook you the same.
I too have several hives. Where in the world are you

Some of us wanabee keepers want to know what the buzz is all about.
See what I did there?
I do, and it's all about buzzing into this group and meeting everyone! Now for you, AkTom, I'm guessing you're in Alaska? I have a brother in Fairbanks.

Back