New Barrels for Forum Members

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mainshipfred is truly the greatest.

Fred was traveling to meet with friends and family. Probably a four hour drive for him. But his route brought him to within fifteen minutes of my house. So we scheduled a time that we could meet while he was in transit. He greeted me at a restaurant parking lot and we loaded the barrels into the back of my car. Not only did he save me the shipping cost, he presented me with a bottle of his wine.

Wow! How often does something like that happen, even in a community of like minded individuals. Kudos.

I've been so busy at work I forgot to post about barrels this year. I just received a reminder from the cooperage that this year's order is due by the end of June.
Sorry for the short notice and the prices have gone up a little this year. Please let me know as soon as you can and I apologize for the late notice.

25 liter $200
30 liter $210
40 liter $220
50 liter $230
100 liter $310
120 liter $325

Last edited:
I've been so busy at work I forgot to post about barrels this year. I just received a reminder from the cooperage that this year's order is due by the end of June.
Sorry for the short notice and the prices have gone up a little this year. Please let me know as soon as you can and I apologize for the late notice.

25 liter $200
30 liter $210
40 liter $220
50 liter $230
100 liter $310
120 liter $235

Fred, I'll take another 25 L barrel. Let me know the total, with shipping to 60103, same address as my last two. PM with questions. Thanks, Pete

Fred, just following up to see if you received my last PM regarding barrels. I will take another 25L barrel. Please return a PM letting me know you have one ordered for me. we can work out payment later. it will ship to my home in Illinois, 60103.

Fred, just following up to see if you received my last PM regarding barrels. I will take another 25L barrel. Please return a PM letting me know you have one ordered for me. we can work out payment later. it will ship to my home in Illinois, 60103.

I did, sorry I didn't respond. As of now I only have requests for 3 barrels. I need at least 10 to place the order. I'll keep you posted.

25 liter $200
30 liter $210
40 liter $220
50 liter $230
100 liter $310
120 liter $235

I maybe interested in 2-40 L barrels. What is the ETA on them if you can get the minimum order amount? Also, after reading this thread (twice!) IIRC, I see there are locals who pick them up. I’d like to do the same if possible.

Ad

25 liter $200
30 liter $210
40 liter $220
50 liter $230
100 liter $310
120 liter $235
Add me down for 2 120 liter barrels and 1 50 liter

I maybe interested in 2-40 L barrels. What is the ETA on them if you can get the minimum order amount? Also, after reading this thread (twice!) IIRC, I see there are locals who pick them up. I’d like to do the same if possible.
Where do you live Jim, I'm in Chantilly VA.

The barrels come in sometime in October.

Where do you live Jim, I'm in Chantilly VA.

The barrels come in sometime in October.
I’m in Wilmington DE. The nav app tells me Chantilly is a 2 hour drive with no traffic. I’d be crossing the Baltimore/DC metro areas to get there and was thinking I’d be able to do that on an weekend early in the morning with little or no traffic if that would work for you.

I’m in Wilmington DE. The nav app tells me Chantilly is a 2 hour drive with no traffic. I’d be crossing the Baltimore/DC metro areas to get there and was thinking I’d be able to do that on an weekend early in the morning with little or no traffic if that would work for you.

Definitely works for me, perhaps if you're interested while you are here we could visit one of the local wineries with a few of other forum members.

Latest posts

Back