New Barrels for Forum Members

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great thanks, let me know when you want payment. the ship to will be the same. I can provide address when I send the check. Thanks for all you do Fred.

Looks like I have to get the order in earlier this year. They are telling me I need it the middle of May at the latest. There is very little interest so far, in fact I only have 3 orders. Last year I got flooded with requests after the order was placed. So please let me know as soon as you can if you will be interested.

25 liter $190.00
30 liter $195.00
40 liter $205.00
50 liter $215.00
100 liter $295.00
120 liter $315.00

To make sure I didn't miss anyone this is what I have so far.
25 L @pete1325
25 L @StreetGlide
40 L @wood1954
50 L @dkbecker

If that's the complete list I have 1-50 L, 2-40 L and 3-30 L left. @distancerunner wants a 30 or 40 but I don't know which one yet so the numbers may be off by one. Please let me know if I missed anyone or if you might be interested in the ones not spoken for.

Also, this year I may have to ask for a deposit, shipping rates are higher this year but Zemplen told me they could hold the prices if I made an early payment.

I’d be down for one of the 30 or 40 L of the unclaimed barrels. Any rough estimate of shipping costs to Portland OR?

I really hope this doesn't come off the wrong way. I just want to reiterate this is not a profit center for me. I might make $10 - $15 a barrel. It takes me about 30 minutes to prep it for shipping and in the past I have gotten stuck with additional shipping charges, people reneging and one person that didn't pay. I appreciate everyone that offered to pay in advance and I'll probably ask for that this year. I also take the barrel to UPS to save the pick up fee.

All I'm asking is for you to pay for the shipping directly. I am not a regular shipper and I don't get any special rates. Below are the barrel specs needed for creating the label. I've given these to a few people and somehow the rate was substantially different from what I got. My address is 14740 Flint Lee Rd, Chantilly, VA 20151 although as I said I drop off the barrels to a local distribution center. Fed ex is too far for me to go.

Logon to www.ups.com>global, it should come up UPS Ground Shipping, hit that, a screen Create a Shipment should come up. Enter my address, if they ask you for a suite use unit E, you can use your email and phone but if you like PM me and I'll give you mine, hit continue and enter your information, it will ask you if it's residential or commercial, respond and hit continue, select My Packaging and use the specs below, it will ask you to select drop off or schedule a pick up, select drop off, the rate will appear. Also there is a box for crated or uncrated and this is where I got stuck in the past. There is no rhyme or reason that I can tell but I always select crated and at times get charged for the extra uncrated price. The barrels are wrapped in shrink wrap with cardboard on the heads of the 40 liter and up barrels so they are technically not crated. Once you get the label you just email it to me.

25 liter 15x15x16 wt 24lbs
30 liter 16x16c17 wt 26lbs
40 liter 18x18x19 wt 32lbs
50 liter 20x20x21 wt 41lbs

To give you some examples of what I get using uncrated 50l to Vermont $72, 40 to Oregon $114, 30 to Oregon $92, 50 to Pittsburg $52, 40 to Pittsburgh $48.
Crates is $14-$18 less but that's the risk I won't take. Also the specs were consistent the past 2 years but they are nominal.

If you get some outrageous numbers PM me and I will walk you through it. Also prices change so it would be best to until the barrels arrive and ready to ship.

Thanks! I’d take a 30L if still available.

Consider it yours! I know nothing about them but have you tried Vadai Barrels. They offer similar barrels and some are made by the same cooperage. They cost more but the shipping might make it more economical for you since they are coming from California.

Fred, Hi, I'm still at the same address as the last time you shipped to Bartlett, IL 60103. let me know how much you need. thanks for all your help coordinating these orders.

Latest posts

Back