New Barrels for Forum Members

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, Washington Winemakers.

I'm not 100% sure I'm getting anything from them this year but even if I don't I'd probably come to see everyone and help with the crushing.

If you don't go (and assuming I'm employed by then), I'll be there for the pickup and can deliver.

I was totally sold on all grape a while back, then some of my kits started hitting 4 and 5 years old. I think some of the all grape ferments I had definitely tasted better earlier, but I also think if a kit is given enough time it can be very good as well.

Someday when I grow up a bit, I'll get a barrel and hope it will enhance both types of ferments (kit and all grape). I think the main thing is to try and keep the dirty diapers out of either and let it age properly to become the best wine it can potentially be.

Do I think all grape can become better, right now I think so, but I'm not discounting kits, especially for those who can't easily get fresh grapes in good condition. Time will tell the longer I'm in this hobby, it is a fun experiment for sure.

Edit: was replying to a post from about two pages ago, not sure how that happened...maybe it's time to hang it up for the night.

I was totally sold on all grape a while back, then some of my kits started hitting 4 and 5 years old. I think some of the all grape ferments I had definitely tasted better earlier, but I also think if a kit is given enough time it can be very good as well.

Someday when I grow up a bit, I'll get a barrel and hope it will enhance both types of ferments (kit and all grape). I think the main thing is to try and keep the dirty diapers out of either and let it age properly to become the best wine it can potentially be.

Do I think all grape can become better, right now I think so, but I'm not discounting kits, especially for those who can't easily get fresh grapes in good condition. Time will tell the longer I'm in this hobby, it is a fun experiment for sure.

Edit: was replying to a post from about two pages ago, not sure how that happened...maybe it's time to hang it up for the night.

five year old kits??? What’s that like????

Last edited:

Forget the technical reasons. Barrels are cool. End of story!

Let me see if it's early enough to add another to the order. Will let you know.
I'm late to the party but I would take a 30L barrel if you can add to the order. I received a 25L AND A 30L barrel from you last year and they are awesome. No problem if it doesn''t work out. My zip is 56081 and I think shipping on two was around $40

I guess I don't keep very good records on shipping costs but I'm thinking it might have been $40 each, but I could be wrong. I have a request to add another 30 and haven't heard back yet. I'll see if I can add one more. I do have an extra 25 and 40 not spoken for.

Really glad you were happy with the other barrels though.

I guess I don't keep very good records on shipping costs but I'm thinking it might have been $40 each, but I could be wrong. I have a request to add another 30 and haven't heard back yet. I'll see if I can add one more. I do have an extra 25 and 40 not spoken for.

Really glad you were happy with the other barrels though.
If you can add a 30L i will take it and shipping price is no problem. If you can't add to the order i could settle for the 25L.

Latest posts

Back