New Barrels for Forum Members

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One 25l and one 30l will work fine for me. Just let me know when, how, and how much to pay!

It will be $365.00 plus the shipping at the time. If you have a recommendation for a better shipping price let me know. $40.00 each seems to be the best I can get. Also no payment due until I get my second half invoice which comes just prior to shipping. Thanks again for offering to get 2.

@mainshipfred just came across this post. I’m in Oregon 97140 would be happy to have a 40l if not to late. Not sure what shipping adds so could consider a second depending on cost. Let me know if its to late.

Ever thought of using Flextank and oak staves? Seams a way to get the Oak mellow and taste. More control and last longer?

Ever thought of using Flextank and oak staves? Seams a way to get the Oak mellow and taste. More control and last longer?

Definitely a preferred option by many. But for the same reason I’d choose to buy whole grapes rather than pre-crushed must—barrels are just sexier! (And also available in smaller volumes)

Plus you’ve got the aspect of ‘concentration by evaporation’ which can’t be mimicked I don’t think. I view flextanks as options for the big boys making serious volume

@mainshipfred just came across this post. I’m in Oregon 97140 would be happy to have a 40l if not to late. Not sure what shipping adds so could consider a second depending on cost. Let me know if its to late.

Definately not too late, let me see what I can do on the shipping. I don't have a 40 liter so I don't have the dimension or the weight. I'll go online and see if I can get something generic to plug into the UPS site.

Definitely a preferred option by many. But for the same reason I’d choose to buy whole grapes rather than pre-crushed must—barrels are just sexier! (And also available in smaller volumes)

Plus you’ve got the aspect of ‘concentration by evaporation’ which can’t be mimicked I don’t think. I view flextanks as options for the big boys making serious volume
flextank makes tanks from 15 gallons to 500 gallons these are all available.

Flextank makes 15, Gallon tank as well as 30 gallons, 50 gallons, 70 gallons are some of the small tanks they make.

Flextank makes 15, Gallon tank as well as 30 gallons, 50 gallons, 70 gallons are some of the small tanks they make.

It seems to me that it would be more appropriate for you to start your own thread to shill your products, instead of bogarting on a thread where people are making plans for a group purchase of a different product.

Again the drawback of a Flextank is the lack of evaporation compared to a barrel. As a home winemaker its tough to get top quality grapes so evaporation concentrates the flavor and helps the home winemaker. Flextanks are mainly for the convenience not quality over a barrel. Great for big time winemakers and professionals, but unneeded for a home winemakers who views the "inconvenience" of the barrel as a welcome struggle. Also not to be rude but this thread is for a group buy of quality barrels among friends, not for competing products.

Again the drawback of a Flextank is the lack of evaporation compared to a barrel. As a home winemaker its tough to get top quality grapes so evaporation concentrates the flavor and helps the home winemaker. Flextanks are mainly for the convenience not quality over a barrel. Great for big time winemakers and professionals, but unneeded for a home winemakers who views the "inconvenience" of the barrel as a welcome struggle. Also not to be rude but this thread is for a group buy of quality barrels among friends, not for competing products.
Sorry did not realize I was only on your thread and for having other ideas lesson learned.

It seems to me that it would be more appropriate for you to start your own thread to shill your products, instead of bogarting on a thread where people are making plans for a group purchase of a different product.
Sorry for using the valued space for expressing other ideas lesson learned.

I would think a successful company like Flextank would pony up and become a sponsor to support this community? If that is outside of your budget then so be it but your gorilla marketing tactics are annoying as F@IK. I for one will not consider your products.

Are you planning to order up some discounted flextanks sold for cost and then use the pickup as an excuse to meetup for dinner at a crab shack while sharing/drinking/discussing our homemade wines?

Have you even actually read this thread?

Are you planning to order up some discounted flextanks sold for cost and then use the pickup as an excuse to meetup for dinner at a crab shack while sharing/drinking/discussing our homemade wines?

Have you even actually read this thread?

LOL! I have and thought I would just leave it alone since there are so many supporters out there. It's almost the same as the guy promoting Xoakers. You have to give them credit though in the way they are toeing the line on their marketing. Just an FYI it's possible I may have a lead on some Frenchies but way too early to discuss it and it may not even pan out. As far as the meet up for the Flextanks goes I'm waiting for the thread to start to hoard in.

LOL! I have and thought I would just leave it alone since there are so many supporters out there. It's almost the same as the guy promoting Xoakers. You have to give them credit though in the way they are toeing the line on their marketing. Just an FYI it's possible I may have a lead on some Frenchies but way too early to discuss it and it may not even pan out. As far as the meet up for the Flextanks goes I'm waiting for the thread to start to hoard in.

I respect the hustle. I do. And it really would be a non issue in almost any active discussion about barrels/vessels.

And just to let @Flextank know- there is 100% an interest in these tanks, the plastics technology, the cost, etc etc. This a big forum with tons of options to get FT convo/interest goin if he doesn’t wanna start a new thread. And would be much better served there rather than to crowbar it in here.....again.

Side note- I laughed out reading that @pillswoj is now boycotting *flextank’s flextanks

Last edited:
Hello,
Hopefully this plea gets to mainshipfred who I believe has a contact for new Hungarian Oak Barrels.
Hopefully you are still looking to buy in bulk numbers.
If so I am looking for a 100 L Zemplen Oak Barrel.
How much to purchase and ship to 38555.
Thank you so much.
Bill McNab

Hello,
Hopefully this plea gets to mainshipfred who I believe has a contact for new Hungarian Oak Barrels.
Hopefully you are still looking to buy in bulk numbers.
If so I am looking for a 100 L Zemplen Oak Barrel.
How much to purchase and ship to 38555.
Thank you so much.
Bill McNab

Bill, it might be too late. The barrels are shipping the end of the month. I'll call and check if I can add one.

Mainshipfred, I saw your post above and don't want to add to the last minute scramble - if any one leaves you in the lurch for one of the 25L I'd be interested.

Latest posts

Back