New Barrels for Forum Members

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello --
If I may ask, how much is UPS shipping cost for those barrels? I am in TX. Trying not to get too excited about it yet.

Need to at least know the zip code and barrel size. My zip code is 20151 and use the following sizes and weights. You can go on Fedex or UPS to get the price.
25 liter 16" x 16" x 16" x 25 lbs
30 liter 16" x 16" x 18" x 26 lbs
40 liter 18" x 18" x 19" x 34 lbs

Are all of the barrels you have already spoken for? I’m considering getting a 25L medium toast barrel this year or next.

Are all of the barrels you have already spoken for? I’m considering getting a 25L medium toast barrel this year or next.

Unfortunately they are. I only order the barrels that are requested. I really should order additional barrels but the couple dollars I make on these is not worth the trouble. I start taking orders in February or March for a September delivery if you are still interested.

Unfortunately they are. I only order the barrels that are requested. I really should order additional barrels but the couple dollars I make on these is not worth the trouble. I start taking orders in February or March for a September delivery if you are still interested.
That’s good news.
I was hoping this was an annual event.
I’ll keep and eye on the forum come February and March.
Any better way to stay informed?

Met up w/ Fred to pick my barrel up today and drop of some BM4X4 (BTW: it was 2 years in the fridge and it started up within minutes). Barrel looks great and I can't wait to get some wine into it. I'll post some pics soon.

Mainshipfred, I saw your post above and don't want to add to the last minute scramble - if any one leaves you in the lurch for one of the 25L I'd be interested.

I do have an extra 25 liter if you are still interested. The cost is $180.00 plus shipping. If not I'll just put it back out there.

Wonder if you can ship that barrel to Montreal Canada on my Fedex account?...

I can, did you change your name on the site? There is a company in Canada that sells the same barrels a I do. I can find out who it is if you like. I have no clue what the shipping would be from here. If you wanted to check my zip code is 20151 and the barrel is 15.25 x 15.25 x 16 and weight 25 lbs.

Thank you! I would probably be better off getting directly in Canada to avoid any customs/duties. I'll check out the company in Ontario.

If you don't mind could you let me know what they charge. They are no competition since I just get the barrels for our members but it would be nice to know. Plus while I only get one pallet they get 4 or more so their cost is probably less than mine.

Here is the pricelist. Keep in mind this is Canadian dollars so 30% on the USD http://www.watsons.ca/suppliesorderform.html

They actually have French Oak as well that looks really interesting. Anyone heard of Tonnellarie Berthomieu? The French oak is significantly more expensive than the Hungarian however...

Thanks, they must get a much greater discount since the prices are closer than I thought they would be. BTW the current exchange rate according to Google is .75.

I do have an extra 25 liter if you are still interested. The cost is $180.00 plus shipping. If not I'll just put it back out there.

Let me know if it ends up being up for grabs. About to purchase a medium toast Hungarian barrel from Vadai within the next few weeks.

Here is the pricelist. Keep in mind this is Canadian dollars so 30% on the USD http://www.watsons.ca/suppliesorderform.html

They actually have French Oak as well that looks really interesting. Anyone heard of Tonnellarie Berthomieu? The French oak is significantly more expensive than the Hungarian however...

Wow I’m surprised to see the Frenchie options there. I wanted a 1/4 barrel & had scoured the Internet. But really only full & 1/2 barrels were available to US. I found just 1 company carrying 1/4 size. A 55L Saint Martin from Cali. (Also found plenty of scam sites. Careful out there. The online barrel world is cutthroat)
But this joint has 55L as well as 30L frenchies. Never heard of em but certainly will check em out.

Attachments

• DC958F2E-8650-437B-A99B-A106C98D2B13.jpeg
    DC958F2E-8650-437B-A99B-A106C98D2B13.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back