New Barrels for Forum Members

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,
Has anyone bought a French Oak Bsrrel from oakbarrelsforsale.com. ?
mainshipfred has been good enough to try to get a barrel added to a. pending shipment , so I am hoping for that to happen.
In the meantime I asked oakbarrelsforsale.com for a price for a Ffench 100 L.
They came back with $248 including shipping and another price for 5 barrels $555 including shipping, very low pricing to say the least.
Has anyone bought one, very interested how the experience worked out for them, many thanks in advance.
Still hoping for mainshipfred to help me out.
Bill.

Hello,
mainshipfred has been good enough to try to get a barrel added to a. pending shipment , so I am hoping for that to happen.
They came back with $248 including shipping and another price for 5 barrels $555 including shipping, very low pricing to say the least.
Has anyone bought one, very interested how the experience worked out for them, many thanks in advance.
Bill.
A google search brought up: this: https://www.columbusbourbon.com/2018/12/bourbon-scam-alert-oak-wood-barrel.html

The comment underneath the article says this group has several websites, including oakbarrelsforsale.com. Other than this, I found no reviews.

Hello mainshipfred,
Sorry to pressure you Fred,
Did you have any luck adding a 100 L Zemplen for me to you're already planned upcoming shipment.?
All efforts are appreciated Fred.
Thank you.
Bill McNab

Hello mainshipfred,
Sorry to pressure you Fred,
Did you have any luck adding a 100 L Zemplen for me to you're already planned upcoming shipment.?
All efforts are appreciated Fred.
Thank you.
Bill McNab

The initial response was it's probably too late but not a definite yet. I can't seem to find my price list but I think the cost without shipping was $280.00. I'd be a little careful about that other company I heard bad things. The link below is from another thread that a member has ordered a french barrel from. You may want to see what he thinks when he received it.

https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/barrel-or-stainless-steel-tank.64914/page-2#post-729094

Thank you Fred,
Was the $280 price for a 100 L barrel, if so, that's a good price plus shipping.
A few weeks ago I contacted Vadai , their price for a 100 L Hungarian oak barrel was $332 plus $140 shipping to 38555 Tennessee.
A little much for shipping I thought.
If you dont mind I will wait a bit to see if you have any luck with Zemplen for me.
Thanks so much.

Thank you Fred,
Was the $280 price for a 100 L barrel, if so, that's a good price plus shipping.
A few weeks ago I contacted Vadai , their price for a 100 L Hungarian oak barrel was $332 plus $140 shipping to 38555 Tennessee.
A little much for shipping I thought.
If you dont mind I will wait a bit to see if you have any luck with Zemplen for me.
Thanks so much.

I have no idea how much the shipping would be but a 30 liter was around $40.00 to Georgia from Virginia. FYI, not all but Zemplen subcontracts to make some of Vadai's barrels. Give me a few more days for them to get back to me. They are normally very responsive but since I haven't heard I think the chances are looking slim.

Hello,
Bill.

I am waiting for my 28l French barrel from artisanbarrels.com. They have good ratings from the Better Business Bureau. I expect to receive mine sometime next week. They also sell two wineries apparently. They have been very responsive on Phone and email.

I live in the saint louis,mo area and I drove out to Hawk Point , MO where oakbarrelsforsale.com is supposed to have a warehouse. NO WAREHOUSE IN HAWK POINT , MO !! The 300 block of main is a Discount tire warehouse .Hawk Point is 4 blocks x 6 blocks . Just a heads up people .

The whois lookup for the website is completely blank also. Not a good sign either. As a general rule you should never do business with any website that does not list a phone number to contact them directly on their website (they do not) Only way to contact them is via a web form.

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.43.37 AM.png

I sensed it too good to be true.
No contact info other than e mail plus, Xmas itself does not give you 5 -100 L French Oak Barrels , including shipping for $550.
They could have caught more fish with more realistic bait.
Some fish smell worse than others.

Hello mainshipfred.
Sorry yo say I am assuming no 30 L Hungarisn oak Barrel in the 20 lot you arranged Fred.
I went ahead and ordered from another source since I have red from last year piling up and 25 cares of CA grapes coming this fall.
Thank you Fred for your efforts.
Bill

I forgot to respond but they told me when they make small quantities of barrels they have to set up the entire line for those few barrels and it's not worth the time so correct I can't add to the order. The interest seems to be growing though. My first order 6 barrels and this year it's up to 14. They are really nice barrels and I think if the word of mouth keeps growing so will the count and thus reduce the price. Good luck with yours, did you get it from Vadia, they're nice barrels as well?

Hi Fred,
No problem. I make a trip to Canada every fall, we have family there. I used to live in Canada and sourced grapes from a farmer in the Niagara Falls area, nice grape growing area. My supplier also sells supplies and Zemplen barrels. The nice thing is, I will pay in Canadisn funds, so it worked out ok. I was hoping to get one sooner, however, this trip will be , pick up Canadian white juice and the barrel and CA grapes on my way back through Detroit.
The drawback is it's not until October, however, no biggie.
Thanks again Fred.

Prior to getting my dealership Zemplen recommended getting the barrels from the Canada dealer but shipping from Canada didn't work out. I was able to get it because Harford where I originally got them retail stopped carrying them. You are going to find they are the same barrels and you should be very happy. FYI, the company was recently taken over by their daughter and the name changed to KK International so instead of having ZB on the barrel it might be KK but the same cooperage.

Prior to getting my dealership Zemplen recommended getting the barrels from the Canada dealer but shipping from Canada didn't work out. I was able to get it because Harford where I originally got them retail stopped carrying them. You are going to find they are the same barrels and you should be very happy. FYI, the company was recently taken over by their daughter and the name changed to KK International so instead of having ZB on the barrel it might be KK but the same cooperage.

@NorCal might like some of those barrels then.

Latest posts

Back