New Barrels for Forum Members

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

Jim Welch

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll put this out there for anyone who may be interested. I was really pumped up to get a couple barrels through Fred here and have been looking for something to get started since the news broke there won’t be a group buy. I saw morewine has Hungarian barrels, they’re not available in the size I wanted AND are more expensive. However I just noticed morewine is offering 15% off many of their products including the barrels so I bit the bullet and ordered one with a stand. Got this for $303.96 shipped to me. Just hope it is worth the money. Definitely want to get a couple 40L barrels through Fred next time he does this.

38110.png

Balazs New Hungarian Oak Barrel - 28L

Reaction score
I’ll put this out there for anyone who may be interested. I was really pumped up to get a couple barrels through Fred here and have been looking for something to get started since the news broke there won’t be a group buy. I saw morewine has Hungarian barrels, they’re not available in the size I wanted AND are more expensive. However I just noticed morewine is offering 15% off many of their products including the barrels so I bit the bullet and ordered one with a stand. Got this for $303.96 shipped to me. Just hope it is worth the money. Definitely want to get a couple 40L barrels through Fred next time he does this.

38110.png

My guess is you'll be happy with it, welcome to the barrel world.

Nebbiolo020

Reaction score

38110.png

They are good barrels I used one for cab franc. I’m getting a couple this fall since I couldn’t obtain other barrels.