New Barrels for Forum Members

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How would this work as far as shipping goes?
I am in Arkansas, and might be interested in it for next year.
already oaked my last year's wines, and want to plan it out to where the barrel won't be empty.
They won't come in until September. The best thing to do is let me know what size you want and I can give you the specs. Then you can punch in the information and get a shipping ticket to me.

I would be interested in1-2,30 liters barrels also, but need more info, new, used, and is there shipping charge?
[email protected]

A 30 liter barrel is 16x16x18 and weighs 35lbs. They would be coming from zip code 20151 Chantilly VA. Go to the UPS website with this information and you would get the shipping charge. They are new Hungarian Oak barrels.

The 40 I got last year is performing very well. Almost time to take the first wine out of it.
About how long has this 1st run been in your 40L? 3 months?

I’m about to fill my new 50L and Im really hoping I’m able to give the wine a nice long run Especially the 2nd run theoretically could go 8 months+

About how long has this 1st run been in your 40L? 3 months?

I’m about to fill my new 50L and Im really hoping I’m able to give the wine a nice long run Especially the 2nd run theoretically could go 8 months+

I'm a little over 4 months now. First wine in was mostly Zin with 10 or 15 percent Petit Sirah. Last taste was about two weeks ago - good oak, but nowhere near overdone. I plan to take it out in the next ~30 days.

Last chance, placing the order Friday.
Good luck. Wishing you another successful barrel run. All the way from the Zemplén forests of Hungary to our basements and winerooms.

I’m pretty dead set my next one being a Saint Martin French 1/4 barrel. But I tested the waters with a 30L Zemplén. Now jumped to a 50L and have been a very satisfied participant. Just wanna say thank you Fred

For those of you that don't know I am a distributor of Zemplen Barrels in Hungary. I'm not a commercial dealer I just set up to help fellow winemakers offset the cost of barrels. My first shipment was 10 barrles. 5 - 25 liter and 5 - 30 liter. The cost for the 25s was $185.50 and $195.50 for the 30s. I can get any size and any toast. My next price break is 20 barrels and don't have the pricing yet. I was planning on placing my next order the beginning of the year for a July, August or September delivery. The price increase is nominal as the size goes up. If you're interested let me know what you want. Again, I'm not in this for profit and if I can get 20 interested people I'm thinking the price for the 25s and 30s would drop $20.00. I'm in the Washington DC area and have no idea the cost of shipping but would send them at cost.
Hi new forum member from Ireland, have made 5 kit wines , mostly reds and one successful white along with a few fruit wines, the reds don’t just hit the spot, now after a trip to Bordeaux in February and a few vineyard tours, I’ve realised it’s all about the oak barrels, I’d probably want a 20 litre barrel to suit kit sizes , obviously it’s not feasible to order from you due to my location but any advice would be very welcome, thanks William

I have oaked some kits in a barrel now and have concluded it’s still not what I want so switched to all grape. There is really no comparison IMO.

I have oaked some kits in a barrel now and have concluded it’s still not what I want so switched to all grape. There is really no comparison IMO.
Unfortunately my climate doesn’t grow grapes , are you saying that oak ageing doesn’t hit the mark with kit wines and it isn’t worth the expense of an oak barrel

I can’t say it’s not worth the expense for you because some people really seem to enjoy the kits. I was just saying that the premium kits never really hit the mark for me even after trying several things to enhance the wine so I finally gave all grape a shot and am really happy. In the US there are places that grapes don’t grow but distributors bring them in. I guess it’s not available everywhere so I am thankful to have this option. Cheers!

If only I had that option, was planning 16 litre concentrate kit or even an all juice kit barrel aged , but I’m now doubting if it’s viable , but that’s what this forum is all about, advice and help, cheers

Welcome, Will. I agree w/ @jsbeckton regarding kits - better results are certainly had going all grape. Unfortunately, that isn't an option for everyone. That being said, my kit wine results were generally much better after I started using a 23 liter barrel for aging.

Latest posts

Back