New Barrel Aging Recommendation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vinodawg

Junior
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 50L Vadai and have a double batch of WE Eclipse Cab Sauvignon that went through extended maceration that is itching to go in. I will be starting the barrel prep using the recommendations from Vadai.

Question - what is the recommended time for the first rotation? I'm currently thinking about 3 months which will give me just the right amount of time for the next batch to be ready for the barrel.

How much time would be recommended for subsequent batches? e.g. double the time for each batch?

I recently purchased a 50L Vadai and have a double batch of WE Eclipse Cab Sauvignon that went through extended maceration that is itching to go in. I will be starting the barrel prep using the recommendations from Vadai.

Question - what is the recommended time for the first rotation? I'm currently thinking about 3 months which will give me just the right amount of time for the next batch to be ready for the barrel.

How much time would be recommended for subsequent batches? e.g. double the time for each batch?

I had the same size, my first wine went just under three months, just make sure you’re checking the oak levels by taste along the way. A rough doubling of the previous wine time has always been pretty close, but again, you gotta taste it, some wines handle much more oak than others, there’s not a formula for perfect exposure.

Latest posts

Back