NEVER AGAIN ! This is "Black Raspberry" Flavored Concentrate? I don't think so!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dawg. I was looking for something good myself And stumbled on it.
Yes, thank you. I am really liking the selection. Black and red currant, elderberry, passionfruit, prickly pear, and a range of citrus. I knew a food service producer had to be out there, just really hard to search the right terms to find them with google.

Did you notice the dark sweet cherry. The average single strength is 20.0 brix. The approximate dilution rate is 1:3.2, yielding roughly 1.0+ gallons of single strength juice per quart.

I only thought grapes would have 20 Brix. Did not know a cherry could.

Yes @silverbullet07 - Thanks! This is the replacement for juice concentrate I was looking for, but could not find, as well. They seem like a good company and quite a selection. As soon as I deplete the frozen berries that are filling my freezer, I will be trying their juice.

Their prices are reasonable, especially if you can use 5 gallons.

Ok, I spoke at length with the former owner. It seems that they are all doing the same thing. Getting the “essence “ of the fruit and then instead of adding water back to it they are adding juice to it. Not sure what that means. But I’m orderung some elderberry from them and orderering from test other place and comparing the final product.

Ok, I spoke at length with the former owner. It seems that they are all doing the same thing. Getting the “essence “ of the fruit and then instead of adding water back to it they are adding juice to it. Not sure what that means. But I’m orderung some elderberry from them and orderering from test other place and comparing the final product.
I doubt Colomafrozen is using that process or they'd be in big trouble. Between their correspondence and their website, they do something completely different.

https://colomafrozen.com/brewers-and-vintners

Last edited:
I am pretty impressed with Colomafrozen.com so far, even though I haven't actually tried them yet. I'm looking at a down the road purchase at this point because I have no room left in my freezer right now. It's filled with blueberries, cherries, and bananas that need to be fermented. Since they ship via UPS, I was curious about storage and shelf life for these concentrates. More correspondence with Eddie:
===============
Me: I have read through your website and it is very informative. I do have one more question however. If I were to buy a 5 gallon pail of concentrate - say apricot or any of the others except for the low brix choices - what kind of shelf life could I expect, and what would be the best way to store it before and after opening it?

Eddie: Thank you for you inquiry. The best way to store our concentrates is in a freezer before and after opening. The concentrate thaws quickly, use what you need, then refreeze. With the method, the shelf life is over 2 years. I may suggest using the 3 gallon or 1.5 gallon depending upon your needs. They are packed in quarts, very east to store in your freezer. They cost a bit more per gallon, but the storage is very easy. Whatever way you decide to go we are here to serve you.

If you have any other questions, please reach out to me any time.
=================

I am impressed so far with their support. Very Responsive and has even reached out to me with out asking. I will be ordering their peach real soon.
yep soon as the holidays are over , I believe I'll try try 3 gallons of peach myself, I'm fixing to start better than 80 lb. apples with 18 gallon apple juice,
Skoal to All
Dawg

Their price on Peach is attractive. Last time I bought a bushel of peaches about $42.00, de-stoned and cut them up I had enough for 3 gallons and about 8 lbs or so left to freeze for smoothies and other use. They are definitely in the running, especially if I don't have to deal with the severe hazy wine. (Last batch fermented 15 months ago and still not clear. With massive Pectic Enzyme, Bentonite and filtering last week. )

With their dilution rate I would use 2 quarts for 3 gallons instead of 4 gallons at standard single strength. Buying 1.5 gallons might be do-able if I can find freezer space.

Their price on Peach is attractive. Last time I bought a bushel of peaches about $42.00, de-stoned and cut them up I had enough for 3 gallons and about 8 lbs or so left to freeze for smoothies and other use. They are definitely in the running, especially if I don't have to deal with the severe hazy wine. (Last batch fermented 15 months ago and still not clear. With massive Pectic Enzyme, Bentonite and filtering last week. )

With their dilution rate I would use 2 quarts for 3 gallons instead of 4 gallons at standard single strength. Buying 1.5 gallons might be do-able if I can find freezer space.
no, i guess i was not clear, i meant 3 gal of concentrate ,, i may round down once i see how many carboys this 82 to 84 lb. apples and 18 gallons of apple juice as my liquid, my biggest down fall is I'm in the habit of making at least 3#-6 gal carboys at a time,, this spring i upped my number of carboys, not counting my bottling carboy 6.5, i have 1#-3gal,,, 2#-5 gall,,, 2#-6.5 gal,,, and 21#-6 gallon carboys, now 10# of my 6's are full with wine that I am bulk aging,
Now believe me or not, i was kinda, eh, a we bit normal,,, till these crafty sneaky vintners addicted me not to drinking but to crafting wines, shucks do you know how hard it is to try and sleep with all the empty carboys screaming, PLEASE FILL ME,,, they say drugs are additive, bull crap, Wine Crafting is what is really additive, i am at a loss, the only way i could get more room would be to tear out a wall.
Dawg
Dawg

that is my exact thought too, my wines are all higher ABV% , and i don't like harsh wines, i want mine to taste like the fruit/berry fresh, so to get that,, i make my wines very fruit or berry heavy,
Dawg

I've made room in my freezer so I just ordered 3 gal of peach from Colomafrozen.com .

At their dilution ratio there should be enough to make four 6 gal batches (actually stronger than their ratio because of the syrup). Total cost with shipping to MO was $143.45 ($35.86/batch).

I'll keep y'all posted on my experience with them and their juice.

Update: I ordered 12 qts of peach concentrate on Friday evening and received it today (Wednesday). So far I am still impressed with these folks. Check out the contents on the label: Peach

There was on issue though. One of the qts was very different from the other 11. while the 11 were so dark I could hardly tell the color without holding it up to a light, the one was clear red like a bottle of cranberry juice. I have just sent them an email to see what they think, but it seems to me it may have been mislabeled.

_DSC8540.jpg

Latest posts

Back