Need some help with display ideas.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kylie

Junior
Reaction score
Hey guys/gals. I need some help for the store. We got in a ton of heat shrinks and have no idea how to display them nicely. We are selling them in singles now for about 5cents each.
We have them in a bucket all standing up, but it looks horrible.
Have you seen any stores that have heat shrinks in a nice display?
Any suggestions would be better than what we have now.

Thanks in advance.

I would count out 30/60/90 and put them in a zip lock bag.
The more you buy the cheaper they become

We have the bags of 30, but we thought it would be more fun to let people choose different colours and mix and match them as they please. But its becoming more a hassle for us than fun for them lol. :)

WOW 5 cents is a great price. PM me more info on your store and I would like to know the colors. I agree I prefer to buy in bags of thirty also. The reason is I have the same issue as you. Displaying them. The 30 ct bags I have hanging on my peg board and they are easy to see to select what I want. The ones I buy in bulk are in a drawer amongst other junk and its a pain to get (not really just inconvenient).

Solution; I would post one of each color on some poster board or something like that with the bulk prices. So if someone wants 10 of each or whatever you can just go in your backroom and count them out. No need to display the inventory. I know the place I buy from gets cases of 10,000 ct. You don't want customers and kids going through the boxes and fingering them either.

We have the bags of 30, but we thought it would be more fun to let people choose different colours and mix and match them as they please. But its becoming more a hassle for us than fun for them lol. :)
The more they touch the more will get crushed. Bag them.

I have seen them in bags of 30 hanging above the labels. Colors seem to blend between label and foil cap so if you look at the label for your wine your eyes draw to a complimentary foil cap and you just have to buy both!!

I agree with others that bags of 30 are the way to go. Our local store has them displayed on a pegboard - they are bagged in, I believe, one pound bags, and sealed with a heated wire machine ( nor sure what it's called) - 3 rows of 10 in a bag. There is also an assortment of miscellaneous shrinks sold by the each underneath, including some oversize.
Your price is very low!! Are your other prices as competitive?! Where are you located? I'm heading up that way, perhaps next week, and would love to drop in to see your store if it's not too far.

Yes would like to know where you are and the name of your store so I could drop in if we are up your way . I like the shrinks in the bags because I know otheers have put thier nads on them so much .I saw one store where they had them counted and put on a book shelf type thing .

Put one of each on some 375ml bottles and make a small display on the wall or shelf. Seeing how nice the end result is is better than seeing them as they are sold.

When your original bags get low you could mix them up and take a few cents off just to clear them out for the new inventory.

Maybe have a secial on certain colors. Reds and greens a few months before Christmas, Browns and golds before Thanksgiving etc.

Being a retailer you need to think months ahead.

You could also take some wrapping ribbon (thin) and decorate some champagne bottles as well. Show your customers how much nicer their bottles can be with just a few more cents and little effort.

Thanks for all the ideas.
Were located in Sussex (about 2 1/2 3 hours from Halifax), the store is called Crafters Vineyard. We do try and keep all our prices as low as possible.

Thanks for all the ideas.
Were located in Sussex (about 2 1/2 3 hours from Halifax), the store is called Crafters Vineyard. We do try and keep all our prices as low as possible.

That's good but, not to low that you cant make $$ and survive.

Latest posts

Back