Need Member Photos!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ippy's...you both look wonderful and so happy...Congratulations...

Beachdragons's...looks like you had a great vacation, a real fun time...

Thanks guys for sharing your good times...
smiley4.gif

Hi Everyone...
smiley1.gif

I'm new to this site. Just registered yesterday.

I am currently retired and live in Nebraska (lived in New England, Nebraska, California, Arizona, and now again in Nebraska).

I have been making wine for a few years (but have consumed wine all my adult life { and a bit in my pre-adult life also
smiley36.gif
}, have a 600 bottle cellar, and 11 carboy that are usually full).

Still learning a lot from great folks that are willing to help and share on forums like this one.

Here is a picture of me with my Italian Demijohn that contains an Amarone that I got last year (fresh 23L juice from Italy that I got when visiting my son on the East coast last Fall).

This is by far the best hobby that I have ever had!!!
smiley36.gif
smiley36.gif

Looking forward to chatting with you all and possibly meeting some of you at the next winefest!!

A votre sante!
20070413_135518_Nebraska-Wino-a.JPG

Hi Roger,

You will be glad you registered and we are so glad you did also. Looks like you have some stories to tell us. Lots for nice people ready to help you.
Welcome!!!

Ramona

Welcome Roger! You told us "almost" everything we need to know about you........ Do you owne a Camera?.............

Glad to have you here!

Thanks for joining us Roger...hope you stay awhile and share your expertise....

Nice demi-john...Think I would just use it for decoration...it's a beauty. Guess it was made to be used...so...what the heck...
smiley4.gif
Edited by: Northern Winos

Welcome Roger, Fresh Amarone juice from Italy huh!
smiley17.gif
Mama Mia! This is great hobby and so glad to be able to share with so many friends on this forum.

Welcome Roger. Look forward to your participation and sharing of your expertise and experience.

Thanks everyone for the very warm welcome!
smiley1.gif

I'm a bit "technology challenged" at times. I was trying to sign in and just see the "new" posts since my last visit but was doing something wrong.

I think I have it now, just use the "active posts" button (I was trying to do it via the RSS button). Now, I have a lot of catching up to do.

I have heard a lot of nice things about this board, its members (some of which I recognize from other boards), FVW, and of course... George.

Being a relative "newbie", I still have an awful lot to learn....

Again, thanks

Ok, here's a series... after you read, move down to view more of the story.

Ok here's me

DSC01259.jpg

runningthis bottle of mead

DSC01262.jpg

to the charming young lady on the back of my scooter here. The party they were having was cancelled due to an approaching ice storm.

LeavingTrinityHall.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm naturally introverted and painfully shy.

DSC03203.sized.jpg

Wine and scooters in combination can lead to lots of fun.

Scooter_Safari.sized.jpg

Sabina.sized.jpg

Jane_being_really_sweet.sized.jpg

DSCF1158.sized.jpg

I love wine and scootering.

IMGP1075.sized.jpg

Fin

Edited by: Crashtest

Crash....what can I say ....you always have that same satisfied look on your face...ie. cat that ate the canary....and having your cake and eating it too!!!!....Looks like fun!!!! You WildMan!!

Ramona

Love the flames on the scooter! And all the hotties in your pics too! The guiness hat puts it all over the edge. Love Guiness stout. Welcome to the board and an awesome addiction.

He wuz over here at my house PWP !!!

Welcome crash..glad to have you onboard.

PolishWineP said:
Where are you that you're having so much fun!? I want to go there!

Those were taken in Dallas - Mockingbird Station (Trinity Hall), Lower Greenville Ave. (The Dubliner), Deep Ellum (The Pawn Gallery - Mod party with Go-Go Dancers), and Lakewood (Carabba's). Last night there was another "Scoot In Theater" and I took a 4 liter bottle of that Peach Apricot that's probably 17.5% and just a touch sweet. Here's a few from there:

BrianD is setting up the screen:

DSCF1259.sized.jpg

The hostess with the scooter she just got (and a glass of that wine in her hand)

DSCF1265.sized.jpg

One of the serving tables
DSCF1274.sized.jpg

We killed the wine, had some margaritas somewhere in the middle of the first movie, and everyone had a large time.

Back