need help with so2 titret device

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyntheef

grunt
Reaction score
I'm not having any luck getting juice to suck back into the titret.
I've been at it for about 20 minutes and only had a very little suck back to change the color. but then no more goes back in.
I have the mechanical squeezer but thats not helping either.
Is there a trick to getting these to work properly.
I even took the tube off after a while to get the broken end of the titret out so it wouldn't be blocking the flow, but still not working.

Steve

The only S02 test kit Ive ever used is the accuvin one and Ive never had a problem with them.

If you've taken the tube off and removed the broken tip, I think the Titret is shot... you'll have lost the vacuum which causes the suction. They are a little tricky the first time you use them and it takes a few tries to get the feel for exactly where to squeeze the valve. Also, make sure for your next one that you keep the tip of the tube in the sample at all times when you are attempting to suck up the sample.

Thanks. I wasted 2 of them. Wasn't able to develop the touch with either one of them i guess( I left the broken end in the second one because I thought it might ruin it if I took it out like you said manimal).

In the end, I actually broke the top end off of one to get some juice into it, but probably needed something like an eyedropper to be able to up the juice in smaller amounts.

Wyntheef, I keep the open end in the wine sample from start to finish. I bought the mechanical thinger but never used it. Leave the broken end in the plastic tube then squeeze the valve between your fingers. Go slow. The only time I had a problem was when I put too much wine in the titret. Also, I saved a used titret and broke off an end. I place a wine sample in the broken one so that when I compare colors, I am looking thru two identical tubes. It's useless to try to compare colors if they are in dif size containers. The wine in the larger container will always be darker.

Latest posts

Back