Need help with selecting another kit!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CK55

Reaction score
I just started a Grenache/Syrah Blended kit the other day and want to do another as i have enough bottles, im open to doing red or white and was wondering what kits people recommend. I typically Favor the following types of wine.

Merlot
Syrah
Cabernet Franc
Riesling
Chardonnay

I dont really like anything thats really sharply acidic or has a hot taste to it. Im open to a kit with or without skins. No budget.

Let me know what you guys recommend.

Any winexpert eclipse kit. Stats leap Merlot was my favorite red, but now I favor the eclipse Perot Noir. I have made both several times.

As for a white the Selection Luna Bianca 16L Wine Kit if you like Oaked Chardonnay.

My recommendation is definitely one of the RJS kits. Especially En Primeur. Cru Select is also very good. Quality of Winexpert is sliding behind RJS recent years. WE Eclipse is good, but World Vineyard is not worse, but definitely better value.

WE Stags Leap Merlot should fit your profile, and is one of the consistent favorites.
I have a family member who is a super fan of stags leap winery, and i have tried and enjoyed stags leap wine. I did actually see that kit online and was considering it but cheapest i could find it for was about $179.99 which im willing to pay up but that seems a bit expensive for a kit. Where do you guys recommend buying kits from to get the best prices?

Im just trying to do 2-3 kits so i have enough wine made to last me the next 2-5 years untill my vines start producing so i can make my own wine.

I have a family member who is a super fan of stags leap winery, and i have tried and enjoyed stags leap wine. I did actually see that kit online and was considering it but cheapest i could find it for was about $179.99 which im willing to pay up but that seems a bit expensive for a kit. Where do you guys recommend buying kits from to get the best prices?

Im just trying to do 2-3 kits so i have enough wine made to last me the next 2-5 years untill my vines start producing so i can make my own wine.
CK55, I have noticed that prices of wine kits in US are very high. I am buying sometimes some stuff like corks or filters online at https://www.noblegrape.ca/. Perhaps Noblegrape can ship to US. (?) Wine kits are much chipper, and in Canadian Dollars.
I also do 2-3 kits... per month, hoping wine will stay for some time. :)

CK55, I have noticed that prices of wine kits in US are very high. I am buying sometimes some stuff like corks or filters online at https://www.noblegrape.ca/. Perhaps Noblegrape can ship to US. (?) Wine kits are much chipper, and in Canadian Dollars.
I also do 2-3 kits... per month, hoping wine will stay for some time. :)
Tell me about it lol. I will check that site out and see if they do offer US shipping.

LabelPeelers has it for $175, still under $6/bottle. Hard to beat it with a $6 store bought wine.....

LabelPeelers has it for $175, still under $6/bottle. Hard to beat it with a $6 store bought wine.....
I will look at labelpeelers, thanks, im grabbing the stags leap merlot, and would like to do a white as well, been wondering what one of the best kits is for a white, I really like fruity rieslings, a winery near me makes a killer riesling thats $14.00 a bottle but a kickass wine at that price. Talley Winery. I know the owners of it.

You have to put it in your cart to get the real label peelers price which is actually just $114.55 + shipping. They have the best prices in the Eclipse line I have ever seen. If you want RJS en Primeur check out Southern home brew.

I will look at labelpeelers, thanks, im grabbing the stags leap merlot, and would like to do a white as well, been wondering what one of the best kits is for a white, I really like fruity rieslings, a winery near me makes a killer riesling thats $14.00 a bottle but a kickass wine at that price. Talley Winery. I know the owners of it.
I rarely drink white wine but needed some when company came over. I made the eclipse Sauvignon Blanc and have not been disappointed at the 8 month mark. I’d highly recommend this kit. I’m going to order another one soon to put in my annual rotation.

Latest posts

Back