Need help with bung

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSwiner

Reaction score
I know it's probably on here somewhere but I really don't have time to look for it .My problem is I got a bung stuck when I pushed it down toooooo far by accident then when I was trying to get it out it fell in the carboy ( 11.5 L ).
I left it in there for now but it will have to come out sooner or later .

insert a plastic bag like a grocery bag (hang onto the handle) giggle the carboy around so it gets tangled in the bag and then pull the bag out. bung will come with it if this is done right.

one other step is to blow into the bag

try this video for cork in a wine bottle as a guide

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm3ZVPUM5h4[/ame]

here's what I did.
My son is a mechanic so I borrowed the tool that looks like a ice pick with a hook on the end. I put it thru the small end of the bung (U want the small end to come out first).... hooked it on the back side and pulled it right out. Make sure the bung and carboy are wet... will make it easier. I had this happen with my first carboy.... :slp after that make sure the bung and carboy inside the neck is dry before pushing the bung in. I use a paper towel. Good Luck :ib

IQ - Do they sell them at Canadian tire ? roughly how long is it 6 in ,12 in ?

No idea where they are sold... it's about the size of a regular screw driver.
I left it in the carboy until I racked it. Turned the carboy upside down to get at it.

Latest posts

Back