Other need a good recommendation

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anodari

Reaction score
Hi there, my best experience from a kit was Cellar Craft Amerone. However, it was three years ago and I want to know which kit at this momment is getting good reviews. I am looking for a BIG RED

winexpert petite verdot is very good

cellarcraft rosso fortissimo is also very good

must agree with Mike about the red mountain cab, although mine is almost 2 years old is is just coming into its own.

others I really enjoy are rj spagnols old mundullo shiraz

wine expert luna rossa

wine expert stags leap merlot

one thing to consider is that most of my wines that I really like are 18 months old minimum and have all been degassed properly with a vacum pump.

digger

Ditto on Rosso Fortisimo and Petite Verdot. For me add to that Rosso d'Avola MM Renaissance. A lot of folks brag on the Super Tuscan RJS Winery w/skins, I have that on deck to start next month.

Ditto on Rosso Fortisimo and Petite Verdot. For me add to that Rosso d'Avola MM Renaissance. A lot of folks brag on the Super Tuscan RJS Winery w/skins, I have that on deck to start next month.

+1 on the RJS Cellar Classic Winery Series Super Tuscan.

I've made both the "usual" big wine experts kits (Stag's Leap Merlot and Lodi Ranch Cab) in the past and they also turned out very good - Having said that when I made those they really did take a year or more to get good. I've bottled my Super Tuscan after 5 months and it's very nice now, so it will drink earlier than those WE kits that were mentioned if that is a factor for you. I can tell it will get much better, but I needed something good in the bottle to please the wife. Hopefully I can keep some around, but I will be starting another soon.

FWIW, the next two kits I start will probably be another of the above (RJS Super Tuscan) and a Cellar Craft Red Mountain Cab.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back