Cellar Craft Nebbiola kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez2cy

Reaction score
I am a big fan Cellar Craft Showcase kits. I also enjoy a barolo wine.

I know companies can not use some names like Barolo on their kits, but have a taste comparable or use a grape of that variety.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a wine kit like this?

Also, in Cellar Craft what is the Barbera wine?

Thanks in advance.

We have a 18 month old W E Eclipse Nebblio that is very good, only had2 bottles so far, this wine I worth saving. We also love Amorane, have 2 batches bottled & one in a carboy for a year. Roy

I have twice made the Eclipse Nebbiolo ... it is very good but definitely needs some aging. I think at least 18 months is needed to bring it around and even then 24-30 months are likely better.

CC Amarone is an excellent kit but does not have the same flavour profile as a Nebbiolo based wine.

CC Barbera is closer to Nebbiolo and also produces an excellent wine.

If you are set on a Barollo, give the Eclipse Nebbiolo a try.

I did the Winexpert World Wide Vineyard Italian Nebiollo back in 2015. It was actually a cheaper kit that I tweaked to 5 gallons, Sg to 1.10
It was a real nice wine even young and just didn't last long enough to get old.

I can no longer find that kit now.

I just finished a Eclipse Nebbolio/Barolo kit. I used RC212 instead of the kit yeast as I'm not a big fan of EC1118. I doubled the time on the oak to take the edge off just a bit, and at bottling it was obviously highly tannic, but quite clean in finish and had a nice color. I'm fairly certain it will be a great wine after it ages a year or two. I would recommend the Eclipse kit.

Latest posts

Back