Narrow Primary Fermenter

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinot

Junior
Reaction score
Does anyone use a or have ideas for a narrow primary fermenter for 6 gallon batches? I am new to the hobby and using a normal fermentation bucket up to now.

I have put a temperature controller on an old refrigerator and using it to set my fermentation and clearing temperatures. It works great and I can fit two carboys inside. Here in Texas it's perfect! However, I can only fit one fermentation bucket. I would like to fit two so I can double my throughput. It's a full sized refrigerator and has about 24" of width so i can get in two containers with about 11.5" max width.

Any ideas on something that I could use for primary fermentation that is only 11.5" wide? Depth and height should not be a problem. I didn't see any NSF containers on Amazon or at Acemart that are large enough for a batch and narrow enough to fit.

Thanks!

Does anyone use a or have ideas for a narrow primary fermenter for 6 gallon batches? I am new to the hobby and using a normal fermentation bucket up to now.

I have put a temperature controller on an old refrigerator and using it to set my fermentation and clearing temperatures. It works great and I can fit two carboys inside. Here in Texas it's perfect! However, I can only fit one fermentation bucket. I would like to fit two so I can double my throughput. It's a full sized refrigerator and has about 24" of width so i can get in two containers with about 11.5" max width.

Any ideas on something that I could use for primary fermentation that is only 11.5" wide? Depth and height should not be a problem. I didn't see any NSF containers on Amazon or at Acemart that are large enough for a batch and narrow enough to fit.

Thanks!

Kitchen trash cans?

Thanks!

I do white wine fermentation in beer kegs. Quartels (quarter bbl. or 7.5 gallons) and sextels (1/6 bbl. or 5.1 gallons) are 11" & 9-1/2" respectively. The ones I use are Sanke style and can be used with sanitary fittings on the top. The opening is 2", so red wine must is tough to do in primary, but a breeze in secondary.

Great ideas. Funny you can get very different results searching for "bucket" versus "pail!"

Latest posts

Back