Naming Wines

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soylent Brown

What if we were using red potatoes? or yellow?

i love the label. I was looking at it in my office and everyone was crowding around trying to figure out what it was for. I was cool by association for all of 2 minutes.

WSG

I'm not sure where I got the name, but I named my boat (dinghy) the same...

Pinot Noir label.jpg

attachment.php

I just a standard guy when i have a wine I'm tring to reconstruct or blend out to ,or wit something else and don't know were the road will lead me I call it my frankenstien.....until there's LIFE..........

My husband makes fun of me when I'm mad, and calls me "Angry Erin", so I call myself "Angry Erin Cellars". My first wine I'm making is a Cabernet Sauvignon and I have a habit of calling Cabernet's Cabbys, so my first name just came to me: Crabby Cabby By Angry Erin.

I have more names for possible future wines, like Mad Merlot, Grumpy Gewurztraminer, Raging Riesling, Miffed Malbec, etc. All by Angry Erin. haha. :)

Cantankerous Catawba?? This could go on for years. We had better stop now.:eek:

Go Erin, thats fabulous! Wish I was half as creative with names!
Ive decided to call my brand 'Minx' after my character 'Boozehag' who is also called 'Chardonnay Minx' in an effort to pc her a year or so back! So Im now 'Minx wines' none of the cellar ideas or my name sounded interesting enough for me and besides Im using my character as part of the label for most of my wines, heres my latest one

passionfruit09.jpg

Thats a great label Coll!:) And I like MINX WINES, think you got something there.
Troy

Newest name so far for the braggot: Hoppy Honey Foo Foo.

Now if only I can find some good images of drunk rabbits...

I am thinking I'll call my collection Fancy Schmancy unless someone else is using it :h

Last edited:
I called mine Basset Hound Cellars, since I have two bassets who help me with everything. However, they are banned from the kitchen when I am working with the wine! I have a picture of one of the dogs on my wine label.

Back