Name for my Petite Sirah/Barbera (2:1 ratio)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bartman

Reaction score
This was 6 gal (3 lugs) of the fresh grapes I got at FVW back in October (crushed/de-stemmed and then pressed there too). I know Petite Sirah and Barbera is a non-traditional blend, but who cares about tradition?
smiley2.gif
It's still aging, but I am planning on bottling it in the next 3-6 months. I can't think of a good name for it, and thought I would ask the experts here. It's a really dark wine, and I've added two med. toast Amer. oak spirals to the carboy (1 at first racking, 2nd at second racking, about 6 weeks ago).

Can anybody help me out with a clever but not-too-cutesy name for this blend?

How about Durifera, since Petite Sirah and Durif are the same grape? That way when someone asks, you can claim vast knowledge of varietals and tell a story!

I kinda like Sirah Barbera and have a pic of a hot BABE on the label.

runningwolf said:
Petite Barbera

mz_5193766_bodyshot_175x233.gif

I like it, but how do I get that CGI on a printed label.
smiley24.gif

Seriously, though, these are some pretty good suggestions. I will let you know what I decide to use...

Maybe you can get a label material made of those stickers that when you look from a different angle it changes. They might be pretty pricey though! LOL

I settled on "Little Barbie" and am now enjoying a small portion of the recently-bottled stuff.

I bottled it at the end of June, and it's still pretty green. Very fruity, but a little smokiness after letting it breathe overnight. Will test again in another 3-6 months, but I suspect it may take another 9-12 months (almost 2 years from ferment!) to really develop its potential. Lots of body, intense flavor - just not very good flavor so far.
smiley5.gif

I'm still hoping you might consider Tejas Rojo. You don't get the dancing girl, but it sure sounds manley.

Latest posts

Back