Mystic Red by Cellar Craft question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffZ

Junior
Reaction score
I recently bought the mystic red blend by CC and i can't find anything in the instructions about adding the flavor pack - called sweet reserve. At what point in the process is this added? Or is it optional for added sweetness. Thanks.

I recently bought the mystic red blend by CC and i can't find anything in the instructions about adding the flavor pack - called sweet reserve. At what point in the process is this added? Or is it optional for added sweetness. Thanks.

Most instruction have you adding the flavoring pack after fermentation, after sulfite and sorbate additions, and around the time that the clearing agents are added, you might check the directions closely for a reference during those steps. Typically the packs are both flavor and sweetness, I'd suspect that yours is the same.

I've been curious to try this one...I've shied away because it's off dry. Sometimes those sweetener packs are basically wine must with sorbitol...as was the case for the atmosphere rose. They are added after in every case I've seen. So I guess I missed out on some flavor for that rose. Either way curious how it turns out. When you open the sweet pack just check what they gave you and I guess choose at that point whether or not to put it in...could always do half now and decide the rest later.

The instructions refer to it as a “reserve”. I add them typically when I add the clearing agents.

Latest posts

Back