Myoeno wine scanner

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuziwk

Reaction score
Has anyone used the wine scanner before? Im trying to figure out why it's saying that my young wines that are aging are so low in strength on their scale...I imagine it's based on color. That being the case does red wine get darker Or deeper as it ages?

Sorry but I'm a skeptic - How is this sort of thing going to measure anything of real importance?

To me it looks like another gimmick - looking for folks trying to find an "easy way" to measure wines.

Without chemicals about the most this can give you probably is a pH or perhaps one dimension of the wine.

Yes so it doesn't give ph its based on their scale of 1-100 and it's mostly for fun. One thing I found is that it's consistent to compare different wines, I can definately see it as useful for comparing tannin content and such. However...I have a funny feeling the tannins are low on some of my very young wines as I find the bitterness turns to astringency over time...so they taste more "tannic" and less bitter. Perhaps this is why the device is not detecting alot of tannin in my young wine.

Latest posts

Back