Mycoderma treatment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jal5

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 6 g aging since Sept. 2019 Merlot when I saw the dreaded white film. I racked and carefully filtered it into a clean container using more than 1/4 tsp Kmeta. Then bottled it.
Bit I can taste a kmeta or something odd in the leftover half bottle. Will this dissipate? I plan to let it age at least till December before trying another one.
calling it Vino Quarantino.
joe

Everything I saw said to bottle immediately. We will see.

Attachments

• 6BD8FCCB-864E-4509-AB6B-AC838516BC47.jpeg
    6BD8FCCB-864E-4509-AB6B-AC838516BC47.jpeg
    64.6 KB · Views: 17
Too late for this one but I was told and have done it in the past, if the wine hasn't been disturbed since September and there were no signs prior to I would have started racking it, from the bottom of course, and started tasting or smelling it at different intervals. The wine on the bottom of the carboy was probably fine. I've also done it backwards and used the AIO to suck the top wine out and into the bottle(s) until the smell was gone.

It’s not bad now after sitting in bottles since May 2020 But I decant it prior to serving and that seems to dissipate any lingering kmeta taste. Joe

Back