My Wine Press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I have this hydrolic press (i believe it is a #55) that I have been using for about 10 years.

After 10 years of use, I decided that it was time to replace the wooden staves in the barrel. A pal of mine is a finish carpenter and aquired special milled white oak and made up a whole run of replacement staves.

Once I got them back, I gave them 2 coats of Food Safe Polyurethane.

I also took the pins and bands and got them chromed.

The bands just came back last night. OMG, how they look.

Once I get it re-assembled I will post a picture.

Here is the picture. I can't stop looking at it. I haven't felt this way since my first new car!

2010-08-13 18 37 26.jpg

Last edited:
I already had the press, just replaced the wood and got the hardware chromed. In the end, this cost me around $800.00, but is something that everybody will look at (I would spend more on a TV and the press shows no comercials)

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that is sweet, Does it have a lever like a car jack or is it Pneumatic? If that was mine it would be polished 24/7! Can you also switch it around and yank out a 350 Chevy motor? :)

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that is sweet, Does it have a lever like a car jack or is it Pneumatic? If that was mine it would be polished 24/7! Can you also switch it around and yank out a 350 Chevy motor? :)

Looking closer on the right it looks like electric is hooked up to it.

what a beauty......!!!!!!!!!

if its not in use from ...oh say...Aug 23 thru October 15th....feel free to bring it up my way... :)

Absolutely incredible!
I need a press so bad, but haven't even started to make one yet. Sure can't buy one in this economy..
I'm like Clint in "Heartbreak Ridge",
I couldn't get out of sight if it took a quarter to go around the world!

Hey John I got a question. What pressure are you running on this for grapes, 30 psi? How high will it go? Just thinking this would be great for ice wine if you can get it up to aout 315psi.

Gee Dan, how did this thread come up again!! LOL, I dug this thread out John and it may be featured on Facebook representing our site! THat thing is such a beauty that when I was asked I immediately thought about this post and it took me awhile to find it as I couldnt remember who's it was.

Latest posts

Back