My wine making crap hole

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, after your recommendation and a tank of gas I replace all the clamps on the c02 side with fuel injector clamps and will soon be replacing the other ones also.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.
When I got these tanks they all had a little pressure in them, so that made me feel better about the seal. They also came with an extra new set of O-rings.
These are ball lock and I can see where it would be easy to mix the connections up so I will be color coding them.
And the fuel injector clamp is an execellant idea.
Thanks all

Later.......WB-out

Looks like your are coming along nicely. We still have the metal racks and deep sink from when we did it in the basement. Now we don't have a basement, but we do have a 30 x 30 building. lol

update

with these 100+ degree days I've been working in the basement. Too hot for me outside.
Got a couple neighbor boys to help me clean out the basement and we got the pave stones laid.
I got some walls put up and sheetrocked.
I got the boys started on the stones and while they were working I brewed up another 5 gal of beer:sm

Been thinking about putting up log siding on the concrete walls......not sure where this is all going.
Later, WB

P7110001.JPG

P7180001.JPG

P7180006.JPG

P7180008.JPG

Hey, interesting idea with the paver stones, nice fairly inexpensive way to give the cellar a "Tuscan" look and feel IMHO. Word of caution, that floor will be quite unforgiving with carboys and wine bottles.

I would place a few of those rectangular rubber floor mats in strategic areas of the winery/cellar. You can find them in Costco or Sams usually and they quite often have a "wine" themed one. I have thought a number of times about pulling up my carpet in the winery and replacing with tile but man that carpet has saved my "ask" a couple of times already in just 2 years! :slp

Are you going to grout it?

Very nice looking. As Mike suggested I also have thick rubber mats in several areas in my wine cellar. I actually dropped a bottle I was cleaning and it bounced back up and hit me in the shin. I got mine at Lowes. I also have a very large entrance mat/rug that I store my carboys on. Nothing sits on bare concrete.

time for another update

got a little more done.
Most happy with my kegerator results. I have two beers that I brewed up on tap now and what I'm really proud of is my batch of regular recipe Skeeter Pee that I was able to get to 14% Alc. and I have it in a keg, carbonated, on tap:h
got a small bar(work bench from Sam's Club) , found some bar stool height swiveling patio chairs on clearance to put around the bar.
Pic's of my four SP's(blueberry, cherry, cranberry, lemon in glass....forgot to put in my strawberry)
And pic's of my bar and kegerator.

Later.........WB-out

P8060017.JPG

P8060011.JPG

P8060012.JPG

P8060014.JPG

P8060015.JPG

Well it's been a very busy summer. Haven't posted in awhile so I thought I would share some updates of my wine/brewing cellar(I don't call it "my wine making crap hole" any more.
In fact I almost live down here now. Still have some clean up and arranging to do but I am really enjoying this basement now.
Haven't made any wine this summer because the drought and heat was to much for the elderberries, Santa Rosa plums, in fact all fruits were non existant.
BUT....been brewing lots of Beer. Been getting kits from Midwest and experimenting with them.
Anyways here are some pics of my Brewing/wine making area and some of where I go to enjoy them.
Later.........WB

IMG_0070 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0071 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0078 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0069 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0075 (640x427).jpg

Boy this sure did turn out awesome. Beautiful wood work and tile on the floor. Even a place to pass out. I didn't see the large screen tv though.

yep....I do remember that post and thanks for the comments.

There is a big screen in here somewhere.......and a kegerator:db

IMG_0076 (640x427).jpg

IMG_0074 (640x427).jpg

Looking good!

Do you have to wear an orange vest to keep from getting shot if you move while your down there! :)

This is one "doghouse" I wouldn't mind being in for sure! :br

I am the only one allowed to have weapons down there. In fact, there were three showing in the pics.
Come by sometime and hang out.......may even take ya hunting....I have a hunting game for the TV...you can see the orange gun laying by TV.

We hunt...we drink....we repete...yes?

Later........WB

I freakin love the floor idea and may have to steal it as my cheap linoleum floor is hot already. It was the cheapest flooring I could find and as they say you get what you pay for!!!!

Latest posts

Back